Silver from change machines

Got 3 silver dimes - once sitting in the tray and twice from people in line ahead of me trying to put the coin through the coinstar. It kept dropping through and I offered to trade them a clad dime straight up. Maybe it's a little deceptive on my part, but it's not my fault they're clueless about silver. And I'm not in the education business. :)

yes i recieved a 1963 quarter last night ;D at the bowling alley when i put 2 dollars in to get quarters to play the games.

Ive found a Merc at a coinstar about a year ago, I eyed it from about 20 feet away and charged straight for it, and a few weeks back I was at my dump bank and saw a black dime in the return slot, threw it in my pocket not thinking it was anything , but it turned out to be a 64 rosie, doesnt look like a silver coin at all

Now I look forward to dumping my change just to see what other goodies I find, besides the hair and dogfood I normally find in the sorter

No silver for me either in the coinstar machines. But I will keep on looking for it......Matt

I found a Silver Dime in a coinstar reject tray once, then I went to the grocery's bank branch and got 2 CWR Half rolls, which contained a 40% 1967.

Today found British 5 pence in coinstar, best coinstar find a 1963 Roosevelt

nope, not yet, but if im in some business, standing and waiting for someone to meet me, i will sometimes take out some pocket change and start putting it through the vending machine and hitting reject, and im convinced that sometime i will hit silver from doing so. keep it up and hh!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back