Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver! From the big blue tub 'o junk

Well, I'm going stir crazy from being housebound. It was in the -40's with the wind chill factor last night. I was telling Vino today that it's almost cold enough to piss ice cubes haha.

I have this tub I throw all my junk in after I detect (this is only some of it lol), and today I thought I'd go through it and see if I missed anything good. I found a few neat odds and ends, lots of lead, and even some silver. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1453073168.142810.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1453073212.645353.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1453073312.001346.jpg

Just a few shell casings ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1453073505.334351.jpg

Some lead ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1453073540.022484.jpg

Any idea what these lead things are?? ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1453073582.724969.jpg

And silver! The little piece is very thin, and I think it embellished something. The knife handle is hollow, but actually quite heavy. I sawed into it to confirm my suspicions, and sure enough it's solid silver, not plated.

It was nice to get my hands on some dirty junk lol.

Upvote 13
OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oops, here's the silver ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1453073932.610702.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1453073959.035461.jpg

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, those silver items are cool, you've been busy this past season!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now, use your imagination and let's see you make something out those finds. I can foresee a neat hot plate made out of wood and many shell casings. :thumbsup:

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
It's cool to re-find things!
I'm in the midst of doing the same thing; separating a few years worth of junk buckets, so far a toasty USA 2cent piece!

I hope there's still some surprises to come!

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now, use your imagination and let's see you make something out those finds. I can foresee a neat hot plate made out of wood and many shell casings. :thumbsup:

Luckily my wife is a professional artist so she gets first dibs on all my "junk" lol. She has used some in her artwork, it's cool!

I was thinking of putting a little string on every shell casing and other junk, and turning them into Christmas decorations. Now that's a Christmas tree theme I can dig!

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's cool to re-find things!
I'm in the midst of doing the same thing; separating a few years worth of junk buckets, so far a toasty USA 2cent piece!

I hope there's still some surprises to come!

Yes it's fun to revisit the pile and search for missed treasure.

And you found a 2cent, that's really cool!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Luckily my wife is a professional artist so she gets first dibs on all my "junk" lol. She has used some in her artwork, it's cool!

I was thinking of putting a little string on every shell casing and other junk, and turning them into Christmas decorations. Now that's a Christmas tree theme I can dig!

I believe BigWaveDave decorated his Christmas tree with relics and other finds for 2015.

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe BigWaveDave decorated his Christmas tree with relics and other finds for 2015.

Hahaha.....my wife is going to just LOVE this idea

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a silver cufflink that I thought was a brass rivet, sweet "sterling" mark on it, found it yesterday in the back of my car. All the rattling around knocked the dirt off it.
Nice stuff J. Cache!

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Minus 40 is insane...I love the neat odds and ends, you just never know one maybe a rare one. Stay Warm...

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your "triple screw" lead item looks like a battlefield fix for a rifle butt. A cracked wooden stock or butt, removed the brass screws, pour in molten lead and let it harden to hold the broken wood pieces together. Who knows???? Sub 8-)

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow JC, you got a lot of junk there! I have a 5 gallon bucket that I need to got through.

Hang in there, the warm weather will return in a couple of months!

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a silver cufflink that I thought was a brass rivet, sweet "sterling" mark on it, found it yesterday in the back of my car. All the rattling around knocked the dirt off it.
Nice stuff J. Cache!

That's cool, I guess it's worth cleaning up every little piece of "junk" to make sure nothing is missed!

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minus 40 is insane...I love the neat odds and ends, you just never know one maybe a rare one. Stay Warm...

Thanks OBN, I was hoping to find a GW button or gold coin in the mix...no luck lol

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your "triple screw" lead item looks like a battlefield fix for a rifle butt. A cracked wooden stock or butt, removed the brass screws, pour in molten lead and let it harden to hold the broken wood pieces together. Who knows???? Sub 8-)

Interesting hypothesis Sub. It sure looks like screw holes that were filled with lead. I found a couple a few years ago as well, no clue. I'll hold on to them, hopefully I'll figure it out one day.

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow JC, you got a lot of junk there! I have a 5 gallon bucket that I need to got through.

Hang in there, the warm weather will return in a couple of months!

Thanks Tom, it's fun sifting through all the junk. It made my knees sore realizing that every little thing in that bucket represented a "kneel and dig". Lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions