Upvote 0

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds!

I got a 1964 quarter in change at a Taco Bell earlier this summer.

TTH

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Great deal Killerwine. I love hearing of finds you don't usually expect. Especially the quarter. Its certainly one I haven't found yet, and must be a very hard one to get by change.

Congratulations,

Postalrevnant

OP
OP
killerwine

killerwine

Feb 24, 2005
Visalia, CA
For some reason the quarters seem to give me the best silver jolt! I think because they are so obviously different people pull them out of circulation and are hard to find...I remember my mom telling me as a boy that pre 1965 coins were silver and she was going to start keeping them, had an impact on me...She saved some, but I wish I would have done the same! She had a piggy bank from her childhood that my brothers and I went through in the 70's got me hooked on coin collecting...Most memorable coin was a 1909-S VDB penny! Just to be able to go back in time with what I know now! HH

OP
OP
killerwine

killerwine

Feb 24, 2005
Visalia, CA
My wife just handed me another silver quarter! (1963 mint mark unreadable) From the student store again...Not a BIG find but helping me fill up my roll of found silver quarters...I smooched her and said she was leading the pack here on silver quarters found! ;D

low xtreme

Oct 5, 2006
georgia
silver quarters seem to come in spurts. they'll be some in one box, a couple in the next, then not see one for a while. very weird. i found 4 in one roll before and a couple more in the same box.

HobBob

Feb 18, 2006
SW Oakland County, MI
Fantastic find. It's been so long since I have seen a silver quarter still in circulation that I was sure they had all been snatched up by now.
Congrats and HH!
Bob

desecrator

Jul 7, 2006
Jamestown, NY
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Where I live in Western NY, silver Washingtons and Roosies are pretty common in circulation. Now, I work at a busy pizza shop where we do about $13,000 in cash transaction per week and we buy about $1500 in change per week, so my definition of "common" might be skewed.... But I still find a couple of Roosies a week, at a few Washingtons per month. I've even seen a dozen or so Buffalo nickels come through the shop this year. Also, I'm fairly confident that most of these coins aren't taken from collections. Some coins are just survivors. I do, however, look forward to the pre-Christmas weeks because people get hard up for cash and we just might see some silver halves and dollars come in.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread