tnt-k9

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dutch Caribbean
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The last couple days have been fruitful for me. I have found some coinage to include a 1972 Kennedy half yesterday. That's only my second half dollar ever. 3 silver rings and this morning a nice little 18K woman's band @ 4 grams.

The what the heck is in the upper left corner above the gold band. It looks like a ring but I can't imagine it is suppose to be a ring. I believe it is brass and maybe a fancy banjo or guitar pick??? I don't play either one but I really can't imagine that that thing is supposed to be a piece of jewelry. Any ideas?? I'll probably put it on the "What's it" forum.

Thanks for looking and good luck out there.

Attachments

• IMG_0673.JPG
    IMG_0673.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 550
  • IMG_0674.JPG
    IMG_0674.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 549
Upvote 0

krymesolvr93

Oct 27, 2013
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
the design looks like something from either southwest USA or from Africa.

Un Da Da Sea

Mar 8, 2014
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
White's Dual field
Minelab excal II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Good steady finds.
Good for you.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
tnt-K9, congrats on those interesting finds...love the gold band.

I have no idea what the "what's it" is, but it is intriguing in its design.

I like that larger silver ring with the reddish design.

Question re: thin silver ring....is that design a name , or just a fancy design?
Thanks

Lorraine

SonnyFl

Mar 9, 2007
Hudson Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep! Your sure are picking up some weird stuff. Hope someone has an answer. :dontknow:

kladdhunden

Apr 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry i have not been sleeping good for days since iam very sick with a cold so i might have missunderstood this post but is it this u ask about?
If it is i belive its a "self defence ring" also called SPIKE RING, Kakute ring etc.
A spike ring/ Kakute ring is a ring with 1 or more spikes on it.
A search on google on self defence jewely or Kakute rings / spike rings will find similar rings and stuff....
Looks Similar to this but more decorated.

defense-jewelry1.jpg
this.jpg

Last edited:

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should be careful, if you find something like this - especially if it is a fresh drop, as the spikes are sometimes dipped in poison.
Kakute rings made of iron or steel were sometimes worn by ninja, usually worn on the middle finger with the spike(s) inside the hand and
then used to attack when least expected. The spike(s) were also excellent for holding an opponent, striking across the face, choKing, and sometimes climbing as well.

Some Kakute had a tab with a hole, that was used for hojojutsu techniques.
In this sense, the hojo (rope) could not easily be pulled away from the hands of the ninja or Kunoichi,
since it was tied to the kakute ring on their finger.
Wikipedia was the source of above information.

I definitely put finding one of these on my bucket list.
One made of composite (no metal) would be excellent for detecting alone at night on deserted beaches.

Sorry i have not been sleeping good for days since iam very sick with a cold so i might have missunderstood this post but is it this u ask about?
If it is i belive its a "self defence ring" also called SPIKE RING, Kakute ring etc.
A spike ring/ Kakute ring is a ring with 1 or more spikes on it.
A search on google on self defence jewely or Kakute rings / spike rings will find similar rings and stuff....
Looks Similar to this but more decorated.

View attachment 975952
View attachment 975951

Last edited:
OP
OP
tnt-k9

tnt-k9

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dutch Caribbean
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tnt-K9, congrats on those interesting finds...love the gold band. I have no idea what the "what's it" is, but it is intriguing in its design. I like that larger silver ring with the reddish design. Question re: thin silver ring....is that design a name , or just a fancy design? Thanks Lorraine

Lorraine, yes it is a name. "Algeria"?? It is a little bent up a bit, but it's silver.

OP
OP
tnt-k9

tnt-k9

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dutch Caribbean
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should be careful, if you find something like this - especially if it is a fresh drop, as the spikes are sometimes dipped in poison. Kakute rings made of iron or steel were sometimes worn by ninja, usually worn on the middle finger with the spike(s) inside the hand and then used to attack when least expected. The spike(s) were also excellent for holding an opponent, striking across the face, chocing, and sometimes climbing as well. Some Kakute had a tab with a hole, that was used for hojojutsu techniques. In this sense, the hojo (rope) could not easily be pulled away from the hands of the ninja or junoichi, since it was tied to the kakute ring on their finger. Wikipedia was the source of above information. I definitely put finding one of these on my bucket list. One made of composite (no metal) would be great for detecting alone at night on deserted beaches. .

Another "what the heck?"

Thanks for the info guys. After a banjo pick, ninja weaponry was my next guess.

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi tnk9; It is a 1960's Tye dye ring from the hippie Peace Movement. It is either brass, copper or tin. They were sold as novelty items in the Corner Store for $1 - $3 each. Now you know ok. Happy Hunting. PEACE:RONB

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; The Pointed ring is nailed by kladhunden ok. PEACE:RONB

PS: Some people also used the pointy ring as having a Spiritual meaning type ring as well ok. BYE.

voodoo

Nov 10, 2013
calgary
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Pro pointer AT, Lesche digger, Garrett digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice assortment

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you have a picture identifying one as such.
All I could find were pictures of round rings used for Tye dye.
I guess the tell would be if it is iron/steel or if it is non ferrous.
What would be the spiritual meaning of such a point on a ring
Hi tnk9; It is a 1960's Tye dye r"ng from the hippie Peace Movement. It is either brass, copper or tin. They were sold as novelty items in the Corner Store for $1 - $3 each. Now you know ok. Happy Hunting. PEACE:RONB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread