Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all, I’ve been getting out for a bit here and there; the heat is really bad lately. I picked up an 1880 indian at my grandma’s house, which was a nice surprise. It was just a few inches down. We also poked around at a different spot, an old farmhouse, which was where I found the 1964 silver half (first silver Kennedy). That was exciting. This site is littered with deep aluminum scrap, cans, iron hunks, other big pieces of trash. Some of the land seems like it was messed with though, like filled or something.

My dad saw on a 1905 map a large park that we got to check out today. This place is kinda huge. On one edge of the park were some old houses enclosed by a fence. A sidewalk went right by the fence and I detected near this sidewalk. I found 2 deep wheats and the good luck token dated 1936. I thought the token was cool. A street was nearby this location, and my dad detected the area where the street and the park met. He got a 1963 Rosie and a wheat. We tried a different spot of the park and I went by the edge near the woods. The signals were very sparce in this area, and I got a signal that sounded kinda scruffy but it was interesting enough to convince me to dig, for there were some 80s and 90s VDIs. It pinpointed at 5.5 inches so I dug decent hole, scanned it and it was still in the hole. My pinpointer found it in the side of the hole (culda sworn I pinpointed right) and it turned out to be an 1878 indian! That’s only our 10th indian ever. Hopefully there’ll be several more at this park. I then tried one last area real quick, it was a large, barren grassy field. The middle of the field was almost targetless, but as I got about 30 ft. from the woods, I started getting a few clad coins here and there and then came the 1963 Rosie. This park has a ton of potential.

Oh yeah, I went back to where I found the deep merc some weeks ago and I got a very nice 1927 merc by the road. It wasn’t very deep.

Hopefully yall are having some luck and withstanding the heat and mosquitos, if it’s an issue for you. Thanks for reading, HH 8)

Nate (Mirage's son)

J15A.jpg

J15B.jpg

J15C.jpg

J15D.jpg

J15E.jpg

J15F.jpg

Upvote 0

SilverDreams

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2005
Vinemont, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow those are awesome finds! I also think the lucky token is really cool too!

groundfisher

Mar 27, 2005
Merrill,Wi.
You're doing a great job on the digs out there.Congrats on that key date 1878 IH.
The park that your dad found should provide you with lots of great finds.
I hear you about the hot weather.Been breaking record highs hear in Wisconsin.
Stay cool 8)
HH!

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
very nice finds !! i'm in an old coin drought up here in mass, all the best to you, ;D ;D ;D

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you are giving dear 'ole Dad a run for his money Nate! ;D

Those are some awesome finds! Congrats!!!! Keep 'em coming!

Nana ;)

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow.... a park that still has multiple silver in it... I wish I could find one of those around here! Keep it up! :)

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
Love the Great Lakes Exposition token,and congrats on the silver and Indian Head penny. Very Nice!!! :)

OP
OP
Nate in Ohio

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys, we're lucky to have so many parks around that have some age to em. This one though is a bit more of a drive than our other usual spots. Keep at it guys, the more ya hunt the more ya can find 8), HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread