View attachment 983887

ForumRunner_20140424_134757.png

Upvote 2

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What year is it?

OP
OP
Yawnie88

Yawnie88

Greenie
Mar 31, 2013
MINNESOTA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The mint mark is a S.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140424_183229.png
    ForumRunner_20140424_183229.png
    128.4 KB · Views: 136

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're kiddin' me right? its a bi-centennial! 1976. The real question is, what is the mint mark
Wasn't paying attention sorry my kid is in ICU and was half asleep when I asked.

Tropickandie

May 8, 2013
Saint Louis Mo.
Detector(s) used
garret ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good find. I found a half dollar in my back yard a few days ago it was not silver it was so dirty I can't even make out a date on it. I know silver comes out of the ground clean.

oakhunter27

Mar 25, 2010
ohio
We'll I guess it don't say how he found it

Sent from my SCH-S738C using TreasureNet in the middle of a field somewhere

OP
OP
Yawnie88

Yawnie88

Greenie
Mar 31, 2013
MINNESOTA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm new maybe I posted this in the wrong section, but I got it from the gas station by my work after I bought drink. It just looked so clean and when I got back to work I compared to other coins and it seemed like silver, but I couldn't tell. I though all bicentennial coins where made from clad so I was confused for a while. Like I said, new to this. And a girl lol no he's here.

oakhunter27

Mar 25, 2010
ohio
I'm new maybe I posted this in the wrong section, but I got it from the gas station by my work after I bought drink. It just looked so clean and when I got back to work I compared to other coins and it seemed like silver, but I couldn't tell. I though all bicentennial coins where made from clad so I was confused for a while. Like I said, new to this. And a girl lol no he's here.

Sorry misunderstood great find for gas station find hard to find halves in circulation

Sent from my SCH-S738C using TreasureNet in the middle of a field somewhere

mariposagold

Bronze Member
May 1, 2012
Mariposa, California. USA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Classic SL, Bullseye II Probe, Garrett Groundhog.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alright newbie. That's an awesome find. Good eye. You don't find 40%er Halfs in circulation that often unless you are coin rolling.

Congrats.

HH
MariposaGold.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good find. I found a half dollar in my back yard a few days ago it was not silver it was so dirty I can't even make out a date on it. I know silver comes out of the ground clean.

Not ALWAYS clean! Usually, yes. I had a silver Washington fool me. Looked like clad until I tumbled it and saw the color.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread