Silver Harvesting 9/14/09

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Today I needed to take a big dump which kept me busy for most of the morning. Then I went and picked up 2 $500.00 bags of quarters which I've been wanting to try. After that I only had enough time to hit 3 banks.
In one of the banks I stopped at asking for halves the fat head teller said she had none. The girl next to her piped in saying she had one.
Right away I could see it was a Ben and the fat teller grabbed it from her and said "Don't sell this one it's silver and old". Now I'm rolling my eyes at the teller who originally had the coin,and I can tell by her expression that she is also not happy with the fathead "Butinski".
The fat head goes on to say "Gee this is a very shiny one"! At this point I ask her."What are you a coin collector or a teller"? The nice teller takes the coin from her and sells it to me.
Here's the take:
2x 1939 Washington Quarter
1x 1942 "
2x 1943 "
1x 1944 "
1x 1952 S "
1x 1962 D "
1x1964 "
1x 1963 D Franklin
1x 1969 Kennedy

I was pretty happy with the quarter results, and may buy a few more bags of them this week.

Quarters.jpg

Upvote 0

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds Rich! Sorry to hear it took a while before you could leave the house. Eat more bran! :laughing7:

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Ya got to stand for somethin or you'll fall for anything. Awesome Rich. I am glad to chimed in and that the good teller snached the coin back from butinski as I think you put it.

Golden Silver

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions