Silver Hearts and Micro Carts

Frodov

Bronze Member
May 24, 2007
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used
Whites Prism IV / Bullseye II pinpointer
Silver Hearts and Micro Carts

First day Vacation finds. Hello everyone, hope you are all enjoying the fine weather of late and have or will be getting out to do some detecting of your own. Today marks the first day of a long awaited vacation from work, for me anyway. My wife Val still had to attend a seminar this evening so I had to entertain myself after getting home from taking her to a doctor’s appointment in the next state earlier this morning. Of course I’m looking forward to heading off to the beach and possibly getting in some detecting in the sand later this week, but for today I settled for a more familiar haunt. My venue of choice today was a nearby park complex that is home to acres and acres of soccer fields. And hunting was good.
No matter how good or bad the hunt might be, there will always be the usual suspects found, pull tabs, can slaw and bottle caps, not to mention the other unidentifiable metal trash that gets ingested and spit out of the lawn mowers that try to keep the grass of the park tamed enough to play ball on. I didn’t even bother with pictures of that stuff today, but I probably collected and carted off (to the nearest trash barrel) about two or three pounds worth of trash. I also found some not so usual finds for this park.. toys. Toy soldiers (only one shown, and it’s PLASTIC!!! Eyeball find really), Toy cars.. tiny tiny tiny toy cars.. Micro’s even! There was a set of trucks (skateboard wheels) from a toy skate board.. duh.. I found a bunch of zipper pulls too. Odd for the grass, not so unusual at playgrounds and tot lots, but weird for the soccer fields. And there was one little tiny little button.. or snap.. looked like a four leaf clover.

Toys & Pulls.JPG

I found some bling too! A couple of Pendants, one being a rhinestone guitar.

Jems.JPG

There were a couple of B’s and a tiny little enamel painted flower. There was a gumball machine ring (aluminum) and one little bracelet that turned out to be silver! Cool!

Bling.JPG

The bracelet must have lost a link from the chain connecting the heart to the rest of the chain. The bar is inserted through the heart to affix it to the wearer. Closeup photos show that it’s stamped with hallmarks and 925. Not sure what the HD/D means though. “hot diamonds” ?

HotDiamonds.JPG

Halmark.JPG

Stamp.JPG

I dug up this rather ratty looking remains of a medallion or pendant that deffinately has a soccer theme going on with it.

Medallion.JPG

Then there was the second mouse found today. The first mouse was of course the Chuck E Cheese token shown with the “bling” earlier.. but I also found another very familiar little mouse on the face of this tiny little watch I dug up.

WatchF.JPG

Watch B.JPG

The watch might have been cute, but it’s definitely NOT a Timex.. it’s not still ticking.
Along with a pretty good haul of clad today I also unearthed two Wheat Pennies. One 1945 D and one 1958 D.

WheatComp.jpg

And of course there was the clad. I’ve had better days and I’ve had worse days, but today was a pretty fair average. Another couple or three gallons of gas for the trip to the beach tomorrow. It works for me!

Clad.JPG

It’s off early to bed tonight so that the early start tomorrow morning won’t be so difficult. Headin’ for the surf and sand. My next post will be from the beach. YEEEEHAAAAWWWW!!!! Ok ok ok.. calm down.. it’s a long drive from home to the beach. I’ll be lucky if I have the energy to want to detect on the beach tomorrow evening. <smile> As always..
~HAPPY HUNTING~

Frodov

Upvote 0

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My family is in MB, SC now. I will tell them to look out for a passionate hobbyist named Frodov. :laughing9:

Kirk

OP
OP
Frodov

Frodov

Bronze Member
May 24, 2007
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used
Kirk PA said:
My family is in MB, SC now. I will tell them to look out for a passionate hobbyist named Frodov. :laughing9:

Kirk

I'll be hard to miss.. with the farmer's tan (tanned arms from elbows down) (tanned legs from ankles to knees) and tanned face and neck.. and everything else blindingly white! Oh.. and the "hair" hat <grin>

~HAPPY HUNTING~

Frodov

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Frodov , Nice sterling silver chain ! Linky stuff like that will clean up nicely in a tumbler,
with aquarium gravel , water ,and a drop of dish soap (several hours ) I remember you went
to the beach last year - This time get that gold ring - all the best - Argentium.

OP
OP
Frodov

Frodov

Bronze Member
May 24, 2007
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used
Argentium said:
Hey Frodov , Nice sterling silver chain ! Linky stuff like that will clean up nicely in a tumbler,
with aquarium gravel , water ,and a drop of dish soap (several hours ) I remember you went
to the beach last year - This time get that gold ring - all the best - Argentium.

I can only hope to find some gold... <smiling dreamily> I've got a few days to look anyway.

~HAPPY HUNTING~

Frodov

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread