silver help

binky711r

Greenie
Feb 23, 2010
buffalo, new york
Detector(s) used
white's spectra V3, eclipse 5.3, bullseye pin pointer 2
i have a whites v3 and i have been hunting a park where i live that has silver coins as it is somewhat older of a park but i am having some difficulty with the trash i bought a whites eclipse 5.3 search coil to help with that but still a ton of trash pull tabs and bottle caps is there anything else i could tweak to get better results like sensitivity and such with this smaller coil? i might addi am just useing a standard coin program

Upvote 0

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How many hundreds of hours detecting do you have with it?

OP
OP
B

binky711r

Greenie
Feb 23, 2010
buffalo, new york
Detector(s) used
not enough lol, i know you can do it on a bigger coil but never knew on a smaller one

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
binky711r said:
not enough lol, i know you can do it on a bigger coil but never knew on a smaller one

My opinion is you're better off to use the stock coil which is the best all-around coil for each detector. What you're trying to do is fight the learning curve with money and it really doesn't help that much. Starting to change coils if anything probably just adds to your confusion. I also think people who buy these small coils right away have the need to hear a clean signal and never get as good at hunting the iffy good diggable targets. No doubt many disagree with me, but I'm a 10.5" stock coil guy 100% of the time.

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Iron Patch said:
binky711r said:
Again, I hate to reiterate but, well said.

My opinion is you're better off to use the stock coil which is the best all-around coil for each detector. What you're trying to do is fight the learning curve with money and it really doesn't help that much. Starting to change coils if anything probably just adds to your confusion. I also think people who buy these small coils right away have the need to hear a clean signal and never get as good at hunting the iffy good diggable targets. No doubt many disagree with me, but I'm a 10.5" stock coil guy 100% of the time.

OP
OP
B

binky711r

Greenie
Feb 23, 2010
buffalo, new york
Detector(s) used
so what you are saying is that i would be better off with the 10.5 dd coil that came with my spectra v3, if so i will try to do so. just when i was buying a MD the people were asking what and where i would be detecting and they told me i would need the smaller SC for the trashy parks that's the only reason i got one and i got a good deal buying it with the detector, but i really appreciate your advise thank you

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
binky711r said:
so what you are saying is that i would be better off with the 10.5 dd coil that came with my spectra v3, if so i will try to do so. just when i was buying a MD the people were asking what and where i would be detecting and they told me i would need the smaller SC for the trashy parks that's the only reason i got one and i got a good deal buying it with the detector, but i really appreciate your advise thank you

Only you can decide that but i think it's better to learn on the stock coil. Another big part for me is it would bother me thinking I was going over a deep old good find and missed it because of the loss in depth. Since you already have it there is no harm in giving it a shot. It's just not something for me.

pennyfarmer

Oct 12, 2006
West Haven, UT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You just have to dig the signals. Part of the advantage of hunting the trashy areas is the possibility of good targets that have been left due to the trash. I have a park close by that produces old coins among lots of iron trash. Yeah I dig up lots of iron trash that id with good signals but I get a little reward every now and then.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread