πŸ₯‡ BANNER Silver hoards from Romania!

I have not even found that many zincolns and you find that many ancient silver coins!!! No fair!!! I love the greek silver coins you found, that first photo is also breathtaking.

I'm not much for silver but those are Beautiful!! Outstanding! And Totally Amazing!! :notworthy:

Unfortunatly the laws in Romania regarding the use of metal detectors are not very permisive. You can use the metal detector but anything you find that is older than 100 years must be entrusted in 72 hours to a museum. Nothing belongs to you. However you have the right to 30% of the valuation of the tresure(less then 25% after taxes)...so you remain mostly with the joy of admiring your find in a museum. The truth is it has been 18 months since the discovery and i havent seen a penny so far...that`s Romania. You have to fight hard for your rights.

Last edited:
Congrats guys , absolutely awesome recoveries , every detectorists dream , well done ..cheers Mick

Well, see ya fellas, I'm off to Romania!

Unfortunatly the laws in Romania regarding the use of metal detectors are not very permisive. You can use the metal detector but anything you find that is older than 100 years must be entrusted in 72 hours to a museum. Nothing belongs to you. However you have the right to 30% of the valuation of the tresure(less then 25% after taxes)...so you remain mostly with the joy of admiring your find in a museum. The truth is it has been 18 months since the discovery and i havent seen a penny so far...that`s Romania. You have to fight hard for your rights.

Well hopefully they will give you your share of the find. Especially now since it has a world wide audience to admire it.

That is absolutely unfair. I sure hope he "dropped" a few of those coins on the way back to the truck. Yeah more I think about it.....that ticks me off. I'm callin' Romania.

What's their number? They are going to give that man his 30%.

They do not want a worked up redneck from Texas on the phone.

Stupefying find. I am utterly gobsmacked. Thanks so much for sharing this with Tnet. As far as your cut, I am sure that God himself will see to it that you get your share one way or another.

Hopefully you don't share everything on this forum! Don't tell everyone how's the European soil is full of treasures...:thumbsup:

Great find and spectacular banner!

Amazing! Congrats my friend. It's a real bummer that you just put in all of that hard work to make these amazing discoveries and now you have to fight like crazy to just get a small cut that gets taxed like crazy. Id like to say I'm surprised but im not at all. If you find another one maybe you should keep it and tell the govt they already got their share with the first two :laughing7: just kidding I would never condone anything illegal :wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back