Silver Horse Brush

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Silversmith and I went out for about 2 hours after work yesterday to an abandoned house. Finds were slim. I found a clad dime and 5 wheaties along with a Saymaker pad lock and a sterling silver horse brush. I was swinging the E-TRAC and it rang up as silver but it was big and shallow, so I assumed it was a piece of junk and was just removing it so it wouldn't be there in the future. But, when I pulled it out of the ground, it sure looked silver. So, I cleaned it some and there were makers marks and STERLING. Cool. Here are some pics. Thanks for looking.

20160229 silver horse brush.jpg

PS - I looked up the marks and they are for R. Blackinton & Co.

Last edited:
Upvote 10
Very cool! :occasion14:

That is a "baby" brush.... AKA as a fabric brush.

Thats something you dont see dug everyday

Did you ever think you'd dig one of those? :dontknow: A silver brush, that's neat. :occasion14:

AARC is all over the ID. Nice.

Congrats CC... very cool find... with a monogram too, all the better.

Best of luck to you!

That is a "baby" brush.... AKA as a fabric brush.

Thank you for the ID AARC!

Did you ever think you'd dig one of those? :dontknow: A silver brush, that's neat. :occasion14:

No. And that's the thing I like so much about MDing. You never know what you're gonna find!

AARC is all over the ID. Nice.

Congrats CC... very cool find... with a monogram too, all the better.

Best of luck to you!

Thanks Tom! This makes 2 items in just a few weeks that my wife really likes. The other was the silver baby bib clip. http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/members/95099-albums4269-picture1275520.html

Whether it was for the horse or the baby, that is one cool brush, and a nice hunk of silver, great find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back