Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit a few places today. The first place produced the majority of the crapola pictured, and the IH Cent as well. The second place is a friend's farm, and boy it was slim pickings! BUT he told me about his great uncle's old circa 1900 homestead a couple kilometres away, and gave me directions. Even with the annoying grass I managed to find a handful of change, mostly 1940's. I don't think it's been hunted before! So next spring I'll have a new spot to pound before the grass pops back up. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1504571301.379109.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1504571334.346808.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1504571361.373649.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1504571399.719143.jpg

Upvote 16

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You done very well today. Canadian silver and an old Indian makes a great day. Even your crapola contains some cool stuff by me but, my standards are a bit low.:-\ The new spot looks good for a spring time thrashing.:headbang:

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds...ive been finding a lot of Indian Heads this season north of the border...with a Barber dime thrown in for good measute...

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish I would find more Canadian large cents here, obstructive so much better than the us largies

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
SO I SEE YOU BEEN DIGGING IN A OUTHOUSE . OH WAIT "SHED I MEAN, NICE FINDS.

cambria09

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Sovereign Elite, Mine Lab Etrac, Garrett ATMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello J.Cache. Nice digs...looks like one of my hunts...the crapola that is. Good Luck out there. C9

DigToChina

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2016
GTA East, Ontario
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher F2, ProPointer AT
Nice digging J. Did you use the Dues or the ATP at the homestead? Discrimination?

Last time I was at an old overgrown farmhouse, I took a sheet of plywood with a rope through it and laid that over the grass. The house had been on fire at one point so was more frustration than it was worth but the board worked ok for the really thick areas. That Prairie grass is thick though.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Well done JC.

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a darn thing wrong with those!!!!:occasion14:

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digging J. Did you use the Dues or the ATP at the homestead? Discrimination?

Last time I was at an old overgrown farmhouse, I took a sheet of plywood with a rope through it and laid that over the grass. The house had been on fire at one point so was more frustration than it was worth but the board worked ok for the really thick areas. That Prairie grass is thick though.

I was using the Deus, I lent the ATP to a friend last year and I haven't used it since I got the Deus. As for discrimination, I always hunt wide open- zero disc.

I have been wanting to try the plywood trick, sounds like a pretty slick idea! I might try that yet this year. And I'm thinking I might go out and spend a day weed wacking out there at the end of Fall, then it'll be prime once spring hits.

DigToChina

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2016
GTA East, Ontario
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher F2, ProPointer AT
I saw a video somewhere of some guys doing it. Move, tamp, sweep, repeat. I tied a rope long enough so that I could pull the board up like a draw bridge to move rather than pull backwards through long grass. Less chance of ticks maybe?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread