Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been hunting the bahamas for relics and hit some fused conglomerate from an old house that burnt and fell into the sea....I've found some good stuff over the years here from time to time but I've always been looking for the rumored silverware here !! Well I've finally started to find some after a couple years of poking around. Today I got a heavy ladle handle in silver along with a large conglomerate that has a silver spoon bowl and a mystery piece of inscribed silver !! The pictured pieces are only a few of what I found but have definitely got silver locked inside 20200223_134635.jpg
20200223_134626.jpg
You can see a large silverware handle in the first pic and the large silver conglomerate next to it. 20200223_134722.jpg in this chunk you can see the decorative silver spoon bowl exposed in this clump. 20200223_134703.jpg
Heres the inscribed piece that came out of this silver clump 20200223_134656.jpg
20200223_221623.jpg
I cant make out what it once said but it does have a patent also at the top of the tag.
20200223_155240.jpg
This was a deep hit that turned out to be a Revlon compac from the 50s. 20200223_155228.jpg
In this video I had just dug it and had not reached the HEAVY LAYER yet !!
20200223_124022.jpg heres my co worker digging with me on her day off...she did good with the carrot pin pointer and actually dug a nice bottle while digging in the iron layer today !! 20200223_124016.jpg 20200223_124137.jpg
Here's some of the iron trash we cleared away to get to the heavy (silver)layer today !! Check out the video.....the nox is a beast at looking through the iron !! There's more there.....I wanted to dig more but to be honest I cut my finger on glass while digging and had to stop !! Happy hunting everyone and good luck.

Upvote 2
OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Screenshot_20200301-090122_Google.jpg
This image of george caught my eye with its similarities to the spoon bust....but I think there is a bun in that hairdo on the spoon....hell it might be a woman for all I know !!

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just seeing this! Way to go Bart. I can feel your excitement all the way over here on the left coast.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you trdking....yup...I get excited everytime I start scratching around in the sand !! Happy hunting buddy !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20200301_110906.jpg you guys got me cracking up some of these conglmerates !! So out popped another book mark....this one was plated and engraved with a HP. there are many generations of henry pinders on this island so that's my first guess.

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello pete how are you.....I've thought seriously about George washington...some images are very close and there are probably more george Washington commerative spoons than any other historical figure.....they just go on and on when image searching. Hope fully I can get back there today and look for some more relics. Might be that I never really get an I'd on it....either way I'm really happy with the spoon and it will go with the other 10 or 12 spoons I've dug !! Time to make a spoon display !! Seems like the treasure coast is heating up with some good finds lately......hope your out and about hunting up there good luck man...and happy hunting !!

Thanks BB.
It has been busy up here. I've been wearing myself out and beating myself up though, trying to get a dune crossover completed before turtle season kicked in today. Managed to do it, but at the expense of detecting (although I did manage to find a few non-metallic pre-European pottery items) before the owners put the kibosh on sifting. 32 holes, 6' deep and about 2' square would have produced some interesting finds for sure.

That hard blow we got from the north on the 21rst caught me off guard with how much sand was moved. I considered going out but since the hard blow just started that day & I was beat up by the crossover, I passed. Bad decision as I believe that was when those 22 silvers were found.

Can't say it strongly enough, but hats off to you for sharing your finds and your extremely positive "will do" attitude. It is contagious as evidenced by your crewmates catching the bug from you. It also keeps you front and center in their thoughts if they hear stories of possible areas of interest.
Here's to the very best of success for you at this and every site.
(ps. Unfortunately, no gold for me at the last site you wished me luck on but I managed some smaller silvers (my first Spanish) & pottery before permission was lost. :BangHead: The owner was concerned with finding something that might stop the job. :sad10:)

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey ! ! ! I ordered the whole complete Neanderthal set and did not get a rack !
Probably bought it on Amazon not Direct Find the commercial that says in the top right corner "Only 3 Left!" Then jump on it.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well now... that was fun.

Hmmm... Now that all have cleared...

Where is that Rum.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks BB.
It has been busy up here. I've been wearing myself out and beating myself up though, trying to get a dune crossover completed before turtle season kicked in today. Managed to do it, but at the expense of detecting (although I did manage to find a few non-metallic pre-European pottery items) before the owners put the kibosh on sifting. 32 holes, 6' deep and about 2' square would have produced some interesting finds for sure.

That hard blow we got from the north on the 21rst caught me off guard with how much sand was moved. I considered going out but since the hard blow just started that day & I was beat up by the crossover, I passed. Bad decision as I believe that was when those 22 silvers were found.

Can't say it strongly enough, but hats off to you for sharing your finds and your extremely positive "will do" attitude. It is contagious as evidenced by your crewmates catching the bug from you. It also keeps you front and center in their thoughts if they hear stories of possible areas of interest.
Here's to the very best of success for you at this and every site.
(ps. Unfortunately, no gold for me at the last site you wished me luck on but I managed some smaller silvers (my first Spanish) & pottery before permission was lost. :BangHead: The owner was concerned with finding something that might stop the job. :sad10:)

Well I believe a congratulations is in order on those spanish silvers pete !! I knew you were zeroing in on the good stuff with that buckle find !! Wooo hoooo nice work..... let's have a toast so ARC gets his rum. 20200301_182315.jpg

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL. Salute and thanks. (Ahhhh that was good.) I haven't been back since even though it's killing me, but I've heard that others have.

You are finding some neat stuff in those conglomerates and hope it continues for you once you return.

FloridaSon

Sep 29, 2018
Between Half Reale Beach and Nuestra Seflora de La
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
:BangHead: The owner was concerned with finding something that might stop the job. :sad10:)

In the same area, I noticed this too. Lot of people don't want to hold and wait for the state to inspect. Esp after the find at the Strand property. Good luck. Maybe this weekend wind and seas will be in our favor....

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I believe a congratulations is in order on those spanish silvers pete !! I knew you were zeroing in on the good stuff with that buckle find !! Wooo hoooo nice work..... let's have a toast so ARC gets his rum. View attachment 1807012

ARRRG ~ !!!... There is something wrong there... almost "phallic" in nature :/

Think I will stick to me own brand... Only brand I like... which must be the best... for it has to be the original ... for it is just named "RUM".

Written on there in big magic marker type ink... which is indicative of the high quality.

And besides,,,

Where is this island ? ?? this mountain...? ? ?... this "Mounting of Gay" place ? ? ?...

Tis sounds a bit odd does it not... ? ? ?

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dont look at the bottle ARC...just tip the shot glass back !! You'll never know the difference after a half dozen shots !! Obviously I did not buy that.....but I will drink it !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20200302_184900.jpg
20200302_184819.jpg
20200302_184738.jpg
20200302_184659.jpg
Got some odds and ends today .... including a small silver ring and a pretty cool buckle. While I was digging a pipe frag came out of the hole.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dont look at the bottle ARC...just tip the shot glass back !! You'll never know the difference after a half dozen shots !! Obviously I did not buy that.....but I will drink it !!

LOL ! ! !

OH SO THATS REAL ! ! ! rofl... :/

Sorry I thought that was some "gag rum"... heh

:P

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread