NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, I finally broke down and took a truck load of junk in to the scrap yard.... Turned it into 20 bucks and change, which ain't much but it was free..... When I went to the window to collect the $ I noticed one of the quarters had hat distinctive color and sure enough it's a '63 Washington.... So that's a nice little bonus, I can't believe that people who deal in metal let a silver coin get past them, but I'm certainly not complaining. This is the first silver I've gotten in change in quite a while

silver quarter.jpg

Upvote 20

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find!...a find is a find..and as hard as silver Washington's are hard to come by, I say great score! Not long ago, after detecting, I rambled into my favorite watering hole.. (Tim Hortons)..lol..and after giving the nice girl 2 dollars for my large triple triple, I received one thin dime back as change. And yes..it had that satiny finish..looked at the edge..no copper..and gave it the final test..dropped it on the counter...ting ting...Sure I could've just looked at the date, but who does that..ha..52 Rosie btw..so good score, thx for sharing...ddf

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very ironic you got that______JUST A LITTLE SCRAP YARD HUMOR:---)

IndianaHunter27

Oct 28, 2015
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro, Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok that's hilarious considering where you got it!

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's Cool!
Silver from the Scrap Yard.
Got a load of stuff I need to take as well. Here they pay by Check or make you wait 24 hours if you want cash.

Anyway hunted a couple empty lot's last week for about 2 hours /Got 2 Wheats & some Clad.
Then went to the Grocery store ,fig, I'd check the Coin Star & sure enough 2 1960 Dimes among other Change.
Funny how life works out sometimes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions