silver in pvc pipe

cwlead

Mar 24, 2008
Just got permition to hunt on private land where man buried several pcv pipes caped on both ends most were silver filled, a few had silver certificates in them. the guy that buried them was killed in car wreak. Sister gave me lead so it is not just rumor. will a good top of the line tesoro detector pick the coins through the pipe as silver or will it no go through the pipe. also other than probing.Is there a way to detect the silver certificates? I'm excited about this because I know this is no fairy tail was given the rest of the story too. any help would be great. Thanks in advance

alpha105

May 19, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bulldozer! Just joking.......the people here should be able to give you a good idea of what to do.....ive heard the term a double box metal detector a time or 2....for deep stuff.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Find your self a 5900 dipro sl or a 6000 dipro sl with a 15 inch loop set the sig.balance to a bout 3/4,mode geb norm, tuner on P, disc on P, power to P, ground balance it. search like hell if that don't work then I would try a box loop, a box loop won't pick up small objects deep. I own both detectors the box loop is a garret masterhunter cxplus with the treasure hound I call it the one button wonder. found some deep targets with the garret deepest was a bout 4 feet deep. the size 2 by 3 foot in diameter by a foot en a half thick. that 5900 should find it.it really depends on how big and how deep the target is berried. lift loop

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread