Silver is at $14.39 right now!!!! How high until you start selling???

phrostie

Dec 3, 2008
Nap Town
I say start selling 40%s around 20. The way the economy is going everyone will flock to precious metals as a hedge. I have two friends that are buying silver and gold at the prices now expecting them to double (at least gold). I tell them I get my coins for face value!!! :headbang:

rodzm

Oct 15, 2008
Germany
Ill start selling when it hits $16 and on the way up. Im lucky to have gotten some good deals since October. My most notable deals are....

20- 2008 Canadian Maples (average $12.83 each)
40-2008 Silver American Eagles (average $12.88 each)

All thanks to APMEX's 12 Days of Christmas sale. Waiting for silver to hit 20 may be a little too much to ask, at least for now. Ill take some profits at $16 and when gold drops Ill using the proceeds to buy gold

gotgot

Dec 29, 2008
dandow20 said:
I say start selling 40%s around 20. The way the economy is going everyone will flock to precious metals as a hedge. I have two friends that are buying silver and gold at the prices now expecting them to double (at least gold). I tell them I get my coins for face value!!! :headbang:

hear hear - I think 20-25 is the range you start selling the silver clads, but I probably wouldnt sell any 90%er, ever.

A true hoarding junkie!!! :)

hellsbells

Jan 1, 2009
my mind
i have nothing really to sell right now, but i would start unloading 40%ers at 20/oz and hold on to all 90% coin until the price of silver really goes up

and it will

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
I'm going to sell off my War Nickels, Roosevelt Dimes,Washington Quarters, 40% halves, Canadian Dimes, Dollars, and Maple Leaves. Already started selling the 40%.
I'm in no rush,just a bit at a time.

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
I see enough people saying they will unload at about $20 per ounce that it shows me there might be resistance in about that area. That would tell me to unload some of what I have at about $19 per ounce.

And the rest? That will be more like $35 per ounce, in 2 years. ;-)

I'll sell a few thousand silver eagles though at about $19 per ounce (spot, not for the eagles. They will still have a premium In fact, they are over $18 even today already).

Jack_MIghtyheart

Aug 5, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Depends what the price is at when I need to buy textbooks. I won't sell coins, though; bullion rounds and bars. Can't bring myself to send a coin in to be melted.

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil
I am hanging on to my redneck retirement fund for some time .. although that doesnt mean I wont buy and sell .. @18-20 oz. I might unload a some 40% s but the 90 %S arent going anywhere ... cant replace them on the cheap when silver dropped in the toliet ...everyone still wanted 5/each for them ... Ed

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that at $18.89547815475825 / oz it is time for selling the 40%ers.

DW

hit80s

Dec 31, 2007
Detector(s) used
ace 250
I load and unload all the time..........anytime i can sell x-amount and make enough to buy back x-amount plus some extra I go for it !

sell for a profit and re-invest and you well be suprized at how fast for silver pile will grow...i cant see any growth in hoarding. Use that silver as an assett. Just my silver dollars worth :)

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
My reason is just this. Silver was once near 50/0z in the late 70's to 80's. This was because some brothers had bought up a large portion of the silver and were controling the market. They later sold and the market collapsed. What we have now a days is a high demand for the precious metal. Booming countries such as China and India are requiring more and more of it to supply electronic manufactureres etc. The overall trend of silver has been increase but it stands to reason that with limmited supply and high demand the price will go up and way up. Do a search on the outlook for silver prices and you will find many who believe that Silver is seriously undervalued and holds a high potential to increase in value and quickly. When all of the details are looked at carefully you will see 50/oz is even modest for what the future holds. Let us hope right?

Golden silver

pynchinflint

Dec 31, 2007
Bama
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every time this subject comes up, it just drives me nuts. First off I am not trying to create any controversy or stir the pudd'n here but I do have a few thoughts on this.

I can certainly understand it if you are in a desperate financial situation and just have to have the money, sure, go ahead and unload some PM's but make sure you get a good price! For the rest, WHY SELL??

1) The law of supply and demand. If there is less supply out there the price should go up, right? I do say should only because of the reported manipulation of the silver market. If this manipulation is rooted out, well then Katey bar the door. I would also note that gold generally stays gold forever. Silver on the other hand is used up and gone forever in industrial applications. And, they still have not figured out a way to make more. Could there be a big discovery made down the road? Sure, but it will be very hard to get at and be very costly to produce. Pretty much all of the easy to get at PM's are gone.

2) Listen to the news. The US and world financial markets are in a precarious state to say the least. Every day govts. are borrowing more and more money that is not there. How in the world is this going to be paid back? Our sugar daddy nations that used to buy our debt are starting to turn there noses up against us. In my mind inflation HAS to start rearing its ugly head. Its inevitable. Some have said the govt. will provide us with jobs so there isn't much to worry about. Pffff! Do you realize that it takes 4-5 private sector jobs to just pay for 1 govt. job. If you think about it, govt. jobs are paid by tax payers money in the free market. Yes people with govt jobs pay taxes too,(at least the honest ones ::)) but they are basically paying back with tax payers money to pay for there own salaries. So when the tax coffers get low what will happen? Better raise the taxes on the private sector jobs that are left. When that runs out...well, better print some new money. This just can not be sustained without inflation going up. Remember, PM's are about the only hedge against this.

3) Its hard not to turn on the TV and not see an advertisement about a company trying to buy your junk and scrap gold. Since when is gold junk or scrap (a real oxymoron)? Do you really think these people are trying to do you a favor by separating you from your small bit of true wealth that you may have. They sure seem desperate to get as much of your PM's as they can. You think they may know something? hmmm

I guess I should stop ranting. In summary I agree with Golden Silver that you haven't seen anything yet. Like I said earlier, if your only option is to sell your PM's...you do what you gotta do. For the rest of you, I think that your nuts to sell at anything under 3 figures. Why trade in your silver for maybe a few Benji's (if your lucky enough to have that much silver) for some paper fiat $ that will not be worth tomorrow what it is today. Do yourself/children a favor and just put it back in the safe as an insurance policy.

You just never know when that 1961 Rosie will buy you and your kids that loaf of bread that they need. I'm also not one of the doomsayers types and this is just my opinion.

PF

OP
OP
treasurefiend

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's good and all, but I started this hobby with 2 goals, the 1st was an immediate goal, I will sell my silver when I have enough to buy an Excal II regardless of the spot price, so hence the hoping it will be $20 an oz, then my other goal is to save up a red neck retirement fund.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread