All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i just blew through 2 more skunk dime boxes and another skunk half dollar box, hopefully a sign of silver picking up for the summer!

OP
OP
TheMastermind

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really hope so. I want to get a full roll of dimes before the end of June. Only ten more to go!

ParisRoubaix

Mar 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really hope so. I want to get a full roll of dimes before the end of June. Only ten more to go!

Go buy 10 boxes of dimes and you should be able to complete your roll. You have plenty of time left and should set your goal for mid month I think.

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
How do you even go about asking for dimes in the teller's tray? They looked at me like I was dumb one day for asking.

OP
OP
TheMastermind

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do you even go about asking for dimes in the teller's tray? They looked at me like I was dumb one day for asking.

Most of my "found" -- meaning, not from a roll -- dimes have come from the reject trays of coin counters. The few times I've scored dimes from a teller's tray, I just asked if I could buy all of the loose dimes that they had.

GEOFF

Aug 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats! after the first roll, u'd want the 2nd roll, then the 3rd.....and on
to me, pulling a barber is the first thing on my list. never gotten 1 yet.

ParisRoubaix

Mar 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a little more direct when asking for a dime from a tray. "Can I please buy that WHITE looking dime in the middle of your stack?" Don't say silver. They typically look and notice the one I'm talking about and pluck it out for me. I say thanks and that I need it for my daughter's book. This has only happened a few times for me. I also bought a steel cent one day from a tellers tray.

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Aah okay. Well, the bank I asked at was not my normal pickup bank so they didn't know what I was doing. Haha. Thanks for the tips Mastermind and Paris! :)

(Sorry I'm on my cell phone writing this, otherwise I would just quote both of you, lol.)

OP
OP
TheMastermind

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats! after the first roll, u'd want the 2nd roll, then the 3rd.....and on
to me, pulling a barber is the first thing on my list. never gotten 1 yet.

The Barber coinage is my next goal following the goals in my signature: a 90%er, a Ben, and a Walker. They've proven to be very, very elusive in my neck of the woods.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread