Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yahoo!! I'll be buying and I'm keeping my eye on Platinum also. Stack! Stack! Stack! but I don't see it going to $25.00 maybe $28-$27.00 but keep your eyes on Platinum it's at $622.00 right now. If it hits $600.00 I may jump on it.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yahoo!! I'll be buying and I'm keeping my eye on Platinum also. Stack! Stack! Stack! but I don't see it going to $25.00 maybe $28-$27.00 but keep your eyes on Platinum it's at $622.00 right now. If it hits $600.00 I may jump on it.
Do you mean Palladium? It is at $599 right now. GO BUY!
PT is 1465

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it didn't reach $3.50 yet

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
There will be a time down the road when we will look back at this present time and wish we all bought more silver.

The derivatives time bomb is just now starting to explode. JP Morgan, one of the most respected large "banks" by those on Wall Street and such, lost $2 billion in 6 weeks from what I heard and announced there could be more losses on the horizon. I need to read up more on this incident because I think it is a harbinger for what lies ahead for banks in general. There are literally hundreds of trillions worth of such derivatives floating around out there and much is held by the banks/financial institutions.

I believe down the road we will see the mother of all QEs as the gov tries to save some of these "too big to fail" banks when the derivatives mess really unravels. If that happens, PMs will skyrocket due to the belief that such QE is highly inflationary.

Jim

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
although I Take these warnings with a grain of salt,
especially when they add "end of the world as we know it" Paranoia feeders to the story.

Silver has it's uses

and I Just saw this
[h=1]Global Superbugs Herald Age of Silver[/h]http://www.thestreet.com/story/11528444/1/global-superbugs-herald-age-of-silver.html

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi! Jim JP Morgan say they lost $2 billion but there are stories coming out that it was helluv a lot more than that. More like $12 to $20 Billion then again just stories. Non the less Derivatives is the one to watch other than oil, stocks or bonds as it will be the end as we know it. Keep stacking folks you'll need it. Charlie

Lonnie

Tenderfoot
May 2, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
We should see silver fall a little more. It would be nice if it hits around the $20 range but I don't think that will happen. Once the dollar crashes we will see hyperinflation take over. When that happens silver is going to soar!!!

LCrebel

Jun 27, 2011
I love silver dips! I remember buying under $10oz and thought $12 was a high premium for 1oz eagles! miss those days...remember it hit $48 a few months back and it will head back in that direction soon enough...dont miss buying on the dips you will kick yourself later. (done that a few times) I see it dropping maybe $26 and then heading back up fast.. China is hoarding silver for a reason...buy cheaper generic or U.S. 90%..silver is silver! never understood collecting bullion for whats stamped on it. Although I do have a few 2000 & 2012 lunar dragons 1oz AND 10oz rounds...always liked them and they do hold a good premium. Silver is also a good trade item..picked up some good trades with silver/gold bullion. I try to pick up a few ounces on every$1 drop.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Picked up some Engelhard 10 ounce bars for less than a buck over spot. I wonder how low this stuff is going to go?

Jim

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm headed to the dealer in the A.M. You'll NEVER see it as low again!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God Bless Chris

LCrebel

Jun 27, 2011
You ain't alone on that! I think this is buy time for sure stack it high and sit back and watch! Don't know if I can mention other web sites on here so ill just say one of the larger online bullion companies that starts with an A & ends with X has generic for 69 or 79 cents over spot. Its kinda like a grab bag you can request bars or rounds in diferent sizes but you get what they have. I've done it and got some interesting silver, some had bigger premiums than sold for. Ask for 5oz bars those always do good on the market.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
You ain't alone on that! I think this is buy time for sure stack it high and sit back and watch! Don't know if I can mention other web sites on here so ill just say one of the larger online bullion companies that starts with an A & ends with X has generic for 69 or 79 cents over spot. Its kinda like a grab bag you can request bars or rounds in diferent sizes but you get what they have. I've done it and got some interesting silver, some had bigger premiums than sold for. Ask for 5oz bars those always do good on the market.

I have never bought or sold any PMs online, in that I am lucky to have access to some decent coin dealers locally. I can usually get holiday type .999 bars: Merry Christmas, Happy Mother's Day, etc, for about 25 cents to 50 cents over spot when they have them--same as some of those really odd looking, often odd-sized bars that look like somebody made them in their basement and have refiner names nobody as heard of or no refiner names. But the buy/sell spread on them is not as good as when I can get Engelhard or JM bars for less than a buck over spot. I know a couple places that pay spot or better for the Engelhard or JMs so the spread is less than a buck buy/sell, but with the cheapo stuff the spread grows to 1.50 to 2.00 per ounce buy/sell. All in all silver is silver, but I always feel better when I can get top name refiner stuff for generic prices.

The spread is almost as good with junk silver (90%) here, but I like to stick to .999 for various reasons.

Jim

LCrebel

Jun 27, 2011
Yea I had one of those good dealers before I left Texas. He didn't care what was on it. He sold it as bullion. There is a bullion dealer/ coin dealer close by here in savannah. But he is way way out of bounds. Checked in just for the heck of it and he is selling generic same as eagles. And his eagles are way over priced. Everytime I go in that place I say to myself don't ever come back. So I have to buy where I can now.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So if the Euro disintegrates the dollar strengthens = even lower silver right?

mark v

Mar 10, 2006
S.W. Pa.
Detector(s) used
Deus, CTX
Can anyone recommend good sites to buy from? If it cannot be mentioned on a public forum please PM me. I want to buy but don't know where from and I'll need to pay with a credit card for any on-line sellers. I don't have any dealers near me and with E-Bay and a coin show I was at this past weekend you would have never known the price of silver is low by their prices.

LCrebel

Jun 27, 2011
Is it OK to post a link to a bullion site? Don't want to break any rules. But I run a bullion forum and its kinda like this forum but for bullion and numismatic coins. People are asking where to get good buys on bullion and it is a good place to start. If not pm me and ill send you the link. I have two great hobbies metal detecting and stacking bullion been doing both for a long time! Its not a online store just a forum that has a market place like here.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
I have never seen anyone catch heat for posting links to sites as long as they are related to the forum subject matter.

The only thing I saw people get in trouble for was doubting a poster's alleged purported finds on the coin roll hunting forum, so I tried never to do that, even when I wanted to very badly. :laughing7:

Jim

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it OK to post a link to a bullion site? Don't want to break any rules. But I run a bullion forum and its kinda like this forum but for bullion and numismatic coins. People are asking where to get good buys on bullion and it is a good place to start. If not pm me and ill send you the link. I have two great hobbies metal detecting and stacking bullion been doing both for a long time! Its not a online store just a forum that has a market place like here.

It's actually a Double edged Sword. I Personally would let it slide in this thread simply because a member asked for the info.
This is my Personal opinion & prerogative. of course the other mods & admin have their personal opinion & prerogative.
Either way you would not be banned for answering a request.
but your link may disappear.

on the other hand If you posted this info unsolicited all over the forum.
and/or started PM'ing it to members without a request, you could be labeled a spammer.

Just saying :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread