Silver Member
Sep 22, 2006
lower sackville,nova scotia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the land of the Bluenose.....Friday was another great fall day with mother nature strutting her stuff.
PA180001.jpg

29 coins @ $8.81 for the hour ten dig.
Hit a spot that I had done many times but never with the AT Pro. Must say after digging a deep large 1918 cent and a 60s silver I am warming up to the machine which is going back to Garrett to have her leak plugged.
PA190002.jpg

Today Navy Davy picked me up at the crack of dawn and we picked Slickpick Rick up thereafter. Must say me son it was a hard day for the raccoons as there was a ton of the masked bandits d.o.a. on the road providing the crows with a smorgasbord delight. Wasn't prepared at all what was in store for Navy Davy and I with our aching bones. A most vertical climb that left us both out of breath and ready to keel over. SPR................part mountain goat!
PA190003.jpg

Mind you the climb at it's apex was worth the view alone and that too was breath taking!
PA190009.jpg

Stayed on top of the mountain and did the dew for about two hours with the trip down being just as arduous as the trip up.

Back at Slickpick Rick 's we tallied up our finds with SPR having 56 coins, camera filter and a spoon
PA190017.jpg

while Navy Davy did quota in fine fashion.
PA190019.jpg
ND also brought the crown that he had dug th other day. Nice find.
PA190021.jpg

As for this bouy you folks should bring out the wine and cheese....knee buckled a few times and getting up from a hole a chore. Did have a good whiff while down of the local flowers.
PA190012.jpg

Take for the day was 3 dinkies, a dog tag, girl guide pin and 26 coins @ $4.15 added to the "Back to the UK before the Olympics fund."
PA190025.jpg

Of course I was too tired to give Ozzie a butt rub and he totally ignored me.......I was devastated!
PA190023.jpg

Upvote 0

CoilFisher

Jul 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bluenose because you are freezing you can off?

Nice finds btw. Sorry to hear the AT PRO leaking.

Brian in MA

Sep 4, 2004
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
Other
That view is by far the best find of the day !!!

Nice color up there. The colors have been very disappointing here in Massachusetts so far. 15 inches of rain in August might have had something to do with that?

Looks like you had a great day !!

Brian in MA

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
As usual, nice pics, story, and finds Leslie. I'm still amazed at the variety and number of coins you guys find. And yes, those hills seem a lot steeper than they used to. Here's one that Dman and I climbed this week. HH, Quindy.

Attachments

• DSCN0225 (640x473).jpg
    DSCN0225 (640x473).jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 373

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions