Aug 27, 2014
NOVA
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro-10D2 & 6x10dd
White's 6000 Pro XL
Fisher 1266x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was in a backyard of a circa 1860 house, a place heavily hunted over the past decades, but the owner said go ahead and give it a shot :) Sunday was almost 70 in Va, so I had to try. Dug two flat buttons and this silver Mary Medal. Also was this pin. After some research, I found this to be the Order of the Eastern Star. Originally founded in the late 1800s. Tried to date this particular pin, but have been somewhat unsuccessful. Any ideas? It's pretty neat looking with a hint of spookiness. Thanks for looking and have a great day! Take care.
mary.jpg
oes.jpg
Reverse exposure

Attachments

• oes2.jpg
    oes2.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 87
Upvote 1
OP
OP
T

TokenMan

Aug 27, 2014
NOVA
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 Pro XL
Fisher 1266x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all. I hate to bump my own thread...should I move this to the "what is it"? Trying to figure out if anyone in the northern parts have run across this before, I believe OES was founded up north, but struggling trying to date this pin. It has 2 thin nubs (one broken off, 1 bent) on back, like maybe a lapel pin? Please advise if thread should be moved. Thank you again and sorry for the bump and if I misplaced thread.

yaxthri

Bronze Member
Nov 17, 2010
Should be in the "What's it" section if you are asking for IDs... Mods will move it for you if you ask them. Or you could repost the whole thread yourself.

The pin is masonic, eastern star pin. Only the frame/background it's placed in looks rosicrucian to me... Don't know, lots of lodges in the US and this pin looks old.
I'm sure someone will Id this for you.

OP
OP
T

TokenMan

Aug 27, 2014
NOVA
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 Pro XL
Fisher 1266x
Primary Interest: