Silver nick and lots of bottles

gforce1972

May 3, 2012
York, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Today's finds. Don't know anything about bottle so any help...

G

image-2310002509.jpg

image-405452281.jpg

Upvote 0

Joshr29

May 23, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. Post those bottles in the artifact section under bottles and glass and someone will help you out shortly. I can tell you that most of them look like they are from the semi early 20th century. Check all the side seams and see if they run all the way up through the lip or if they fade out halfway up the neck. If they fade out food chance they Are from the late 1800's.

Joshr29

May 23, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also let us know where you found them. There could be way older ones underneath them if it was a dump that you picked them up from. HH

OP
OP
gforce1972

gforce1972

May 3, 2012
York, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Been hunting a 30 acre site in York, PA that has houses built in 1700s, 1800s and 1901. The bottle dump is just huge. It is in a ravine and it is just bottles on top of bottles.

G

Joshr29

May 23, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh man I would kill to have a place like that. You need to dig for sure. There is probably a lot of other awesome relics besides bottles. Find the lowest point in the ravine where there are bottles. Dig all of them from that spot and then move up. Dig all of those next bottles and put the dirt behind you where you just got done clearing. That way you are more likely not to miss something. If Surf sees this he will have plenty of advice. You are probably setting on a gold mine of hand blown bottles. Have a blast and please let us see them all.

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup I agree, Dig'm all I see a couple in you pick that might have a little age on them
The one on the far left and the one to the right of the Gordons bottle................HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread