Silver Nickel skunk over!!

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Finally! The silver skunk is dead!

I went through 12 boxes of nickels and the last 2 boxes of nickels I got last night at work. I was down to the last 5 rolls, feeling degruntaled and smelling the faint whiffs of skunk when I opened the 5th roll and there at the 2nd to last coin was a 1944P war nickel. The skunk died screaming under the weight of all the other nickels in my dump. I think there is another CRHer in my area going through nickels. Out of 12 boxes I got just 1 buff, 1 war nickel and 7 pre-1950's coins. Other than that its nothing but a ton of 1964's and newer coins. :;huffs:: rats! I am thinking about heading back to dimes again because I really can't expand my territory, because I would need to open at least 13 different bank accounts and the FEDs might get hinky with it.

But I am going to savour my war nickel find. At least until my next nickel order comes in.

Smiles,
Garoulady

Upvote 0

CRH Rulz

Jul 17, 2012
Midwest
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing better than breaking a long skunk streak. Good luck with the dimes!

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hopefully this one silver war nickel turns around your luck for the next nickel boxes!

Last edited:

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've heard of people hoarding nickels. I like to think of my pre-60 nickels as the best way to go about doing it, as they'll probably have some numismatic value as well.

OP
OP
GarouLady

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
I set them aside, especially the 1939S, I have heard is worth more. Other than that, its just a way of feeling like I am finding something when the war nickels and buffs are few and very far in between. I save them till I have enough and then dump them. I have been putting canadian nickels aside for the same reason and not to mention the coin counters spits them out.

Smiles,
Garoulady

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I save all pre '60 they can net a premium if you sell a few rolls together like 10$ could pull 15-20. Also keep an eye out for the rumored to exist 2009 nickel.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread