Aug 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hang on a second.
Someone answered this once.
But I forgot what they said.
So I'm gonna ask again.

What exactly is a NICKLE?

Friend,it's a well used surname of the 5/100th's of a U.S dollar denomination of U.S coinage.

Local_coins

Nov 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
madwest said:
They mite bee maid hear oar their mayed "there." Nun nose four shore.

Grammar is the difference between knowing your $h1t and knowing you're $h1t.

hotrod

Bronze Member
May 12, 2012
AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they are worth less! ill give you half face

OP
OP
sm3464

sm3464

Sep 8, 2012
Look im here to ask for help not get judged on my grammar!!! If you want to judge grammar go somewhere else or just help us!!! Thank you!!

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You've been asking questions that could be easily answered all week by just searching, especially the how to guide! We're happy to help, but we're not going to do any handouts.

Senor

Sep 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look im here to ask for help not get judged on my grammar!!! If you want to judge grammar go somewhere else or just help us!!! Thank you!!

Your question was answered as it was understood and as a bonus assisted with your grammar in order to discern the intent of your question.

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Isn't the silver nickles and quarters worth more in weight than the face value?

"Silver coins" value in silver by weight today is going to be more then the face value of the coin. Now two years from now, my statement may not be true.

This thread got way to much activity. You would have thought is was concerning knocking over a car wash, sorry I mean emptying the change machine at a the local car wash.

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
The grammar is atrocious on this board.

Well I still use the word aint. My english teacher hated me for that and I kept telling him I was a michigan redneck (and proud of it) and it was a part of my vocabulary. Several years later I saw on tv where in one dictionary they had added the word aint. Yeah! And I got straight 4 pts in college english. =)

Well I am a bit bummed. Just found out that my letter-less 1942 nickel isn't silver. ::sighs:: oh well I still got 2 X 1939's and they aren't silver. Still really cool though.

Hugs and smiles
-garoulady

Senor

Sep 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
According to Coinflation.com all nickels are worth more than their melt value ($1.08 for twenty), and if you can sell them for that you can quit CRH because you're the best salesman ever.

usandthem

May 19, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
most people think that the 42-45 nickel is silver but its actually a little less than 1/3 silver and if i were coin roll hunting the nickels would be a last resort option due to the fact that they were only produced from 42-45 to save the nickel content for the war effort.But thats just my opinion and im sure the real CRH guys will disagree.

Actually, a silver nickel is 35% silver so it's a little over 1/3 silver. Just sayin'.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread