Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
I searched and didn't see this covered. I just got off the phone with TD Bank. I ordered 2 boxes of dimes but when I asked to order 2 boxes of halves they refused. They said it is not TD's policy to not order any boxes of halves because of the EVIL CRHers, well they didn't call us evil but they said it is because people were ordering halves and search for silver. :BangHead:

It is just my local TD branch or has anyone else run into this?

Upvote 0

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I searched and didn't see this covered. I just got off the phone with TD Bank. I ordered 2 boxes of dimes but when I asked to order 2 boxes of halves they refused. They said it is not TD's policy to not order any boxes of halves because of the EVIL CRHers, well they didn't call us evil but they said it is because people were ordering halves and search for silver. :BangHead:

It is just my local TD branch or has anyone else run into this?

I have actually heard from a couple members on here that it is in fact policy not to order halves.. So you might just have to start a new account somewhere for halves.. Walk into the bank and just ask before hand if they will order halves for you before you open one... IMO you should just use TD as a dump bank.. Thats what I do..

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Corporate policy. The forms they use to order coin won't allow them to input anything in the half dollar box. They can call over the phone and do a custom order to request it, but they'll get fired, lol.

This started at the beginning of 2011, IIRC.

Local_coins

Nov 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They have set themselves up as a dump bank for sure. We dont have them in my area.

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They brag about their coin counting machines, so use 'em as a dump bank.

On the other hand, would they sell you bags from their machine?

OP
OP
Ben Cartwright SASS

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
They brag about their coin counting machines, so use 'em as a dump bank.

On the other hand, would they sell you bags from their machine?

I hadn't thought of asking them that! My guess would be no, but it never hurts to ask, the worst they can say is no. I wonder if their coin machines kick out silver coins like coinstar does?

I called my local Bank of America and they are checking to see if they can order half dollar rolls. I will take the advice to find a bank that will allow you to order halves and open an account. I will order dimes from my local TD and then dump them at the next town overs TD bank.

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hadn't thought of asking them that! My guess would be no, but it never hurts to ask, the worst they can say is no. I wonder if their coin machines kick out silver coins like coinstar does?

I called my local Bank of America and they are checking to see if they can order half dollar rolls. I will take the advice to find a bank that will allow you to order halves and open an account. I will order dimes from my local TD and then dump them at the next town overs TD bank.
I have never heard of a TD selling bags off the machine, at least in my area. Good luck though.

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never heard of a TD selling bags off the machine, at least in my area. Good luck though.

Once again, corporate policy... They won't, and if someone does, they usually get in deep poopy.

usernameerror

Apr 30, 2012
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Other
TD Banks usually do not sell bags off of the machine. You wouldn't want them anyway. They reject silver so all you'll be buying is a bag if clad.

missedshed

Sep 17, 2012
pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had TD for years, my account was originally Commerce Bank they are not customer oriented like bf. Two weeks ago the manager said they could get a box of halves, I went back three days later and the lady said she will check and call me about ordering them. Well no one called me, so I went back in and got someone else and they also took my number said they will check, no call again. TD Is horrible all around now. So I have decided to dump all my coins there now. I make a quick stop at one back pick up a few rolls, check them in the car than drive down the block to dump them bf heading home after work.

usernameerror

Apr 30, 2012
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Other
I dump all my dimes and nickels at TD. I would dump halves but their machine is calibrated to to accept only $100 at a time. It's a pain to dump large volume.

breed12

Jun 19, 2011
okla city okla
Detector(s) used
mxt pro. Cibola - bandido two
my bank will not order coins for you they will cancel out your acount if your doing chr ,and won't take large bags of coins from you so when i go up to a teller i ask if they have 50 cent peices get on or two or more going to save all the clad and silver i can now cash out silver the day i turn 65 yrs old

Long Jon Silver

Greenie
Aug 27, 2012
Live Free Or Die
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i still get some of half boxes from td. i ask everytime i go to td if i can buy their bags. they always say no, but that wont keep me from asking. u never know.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They will not order halfs and can not sell bags!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't deal with TD bank But one of my banks just got bought out by BB&T. Any experience with them, anyone?

usernameerror

Apr 30, 2012
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Other
diggummup said:
I don't deal with TD bank But one of my banks just got bought out by BB&T. Any experience with them, anyone?

BB&T has been a a notorious dump bank in my area. That is until they started charging fees for using their coin machines. They also wouldn't sell me any coin since they never had CWRs and that the BWRs were held for businesses.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The banks in Anchorage, AK will now only order people boxes of Nickels only unless you have a commercial account.
It is a crying shame as it is the only thing you can do up here for nine months in a row with your clothes on. :(

canaboy123

Sep 22, 2011
N/A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The banks in Anchorage, AK will now only order people boxes of Nickels only unless you have a commercial account.
It is a crying shame as it is the only thing you can do up here for nine months in a row with your clothes on. :(

*reaches for phone*

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread