"Silver Park" Yields very interesting Historic finds

luvmydfx

Mar 21, 2005
"Silver Park" Yields very interesting Historic finds

Went back to the park where I found my first merc and 2 silver pendants today and yesterday with a total hunt time between the 2 days of about an hour and 45 minutes.? I did some research on this neighboring town that I have been hitting where I found the silver pendant.? Come to find out in the late 1800's it was settled by Germans who immigrated here (my gradmother was full blood German), and this makes me wonder if she was one of the ones who settled here.? This got me thinking about the Mary silver pendant I found that said Germany on the clasp and the pendant itself.? There is also another park there that has buildings on it that were orignially built by German P.O.W's.? I did try to hunt it, but there is a big radio antenna nearby and the interference drove my detector nuts, but you can be sure I will be back once I get a bigfoot coil to cut out the interference.? Anyways, here is where the story and finds gets interesting.? I found a button in the included pic that says American on it, which makes me wonder if this was worn by one of the Germans who imigrated there that was not a pow.? I also found the mushroomed bullet, which makes me wonder if it is possible it took some p.o.w Germans life years ago.? I can guarantee you that I will pound the heck out of that park and keep posting my finds.? The smiley face thing is a homemade clip on earring that looks like it is made out of a pearly material and beads.? The other metal find looks like it may have been a clasp to a uniform of some sort, and has rustproof printed on it even though there is some rust it is relatively free of rust.? I hope to find some old German coins, guess we will have to wait and see about that one.? The silver dime found is from 1946.? This park has the most silver in it then I have found in any other park.? By the looks of some of the sod clumps, it looks like someone else must have hunted here before.? I guess they don't have a dfx lol.? Anyways I hope you guys enjoy the story and pics!

Enjoy,
Loren Farrar
Founder of http://www.easystopgiftshop.com

Attachments

• Parkfinds1.jpg
    Parkfinds1.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 393
Upvote 0
C

chaazz

Re: "Silver Park" Yields very interesting Historic finds

keep it up and you will find some good stuff

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very Nice......What is pic #3? A group of old buttons?

OP
OP
luvmydfx

luvmydfx

Mar 21, 2005

It is an old homemade clip on earring

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread