Silver pendant

lawrence_1md

Apr 22, 2013
Murphysboro, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Explorer SE PRO, Minelab Excalibur ii
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After I got my honey do list done today I had a few hours to do something. The first thought that came to mind was grab my metal detector and run before another chore was added to my list.

I had a older house in mind and took a little trip to visit it. The house was built in 1925 but was moved on the farm land and later became the hired hands living quarters.

I found a recent penny (1983). Things were looking poor. A few pieces of shredded aluminum can buy not pull tabs. The area wasn't trashy.

A good tone sounded off and my heart began to race. My mind began imagining all the goodies that might be there.

To my surprise 2 inches down was this cute silver pendant. I did not find the necklace it was attached to. So it probably broke and the pendant slipped off of it.

Let me know what you think!

I'm going stick it my ultra sonic cleaner and see how she turns out. It's missing a bling but it's still a neat find.

I need to get a diamond checker soon, until then I'll assume everything is bling (cz).

Happy Hunting

image-2161433849.jpg

Upvote 3

myfantasia1

Oct 3, 2008
Colorado, Denver
Detector(s) used
Ace 350, and now AP Pro. and AP Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice that looks like it could be a Jane Seymore open heart design. Very pretty

OP
OP
lawrence_1md

lawrence_1md

Apr 22, 2013
Murphysboro, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will try to look up the piece and see who makes it. I haven't been able to locate my eye loop. It has some markings on it but sadly I can't read it.

My wife has already claimed it. Hahaha

OP
OP
lawrence_1md

lawrence_1md

Apr 22, 2013
Murphysboro, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks vpnavy!

TreasureNet by iPhone

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Very lovely pendant! :headbang::icon_thumright: One of the silver rings I've dug at the beach has a row of a dozen unscratched stones which may well be diamonds. Did a little online research which showed me that mine would be worth $35 if fake stones and $75 if diamonds -- not much difference in price as small diamonds aren't worth much. My ring was made in Thailand but ended up on a CA beach here. And whether diamonds or lesser stones, that ring is one of my favorites to wear & is pretty like the pendant your wife just wisely snitched from you, lol. :laughing7: HAVE FUN! Andi

OP
OP
lawrence_1md

lawrence_1md

Apr 22, 2013
Murphysboro, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks g-olden years!

I looked up the piece and found that it is in the "open hearts" collection by Jane Seymore. I found one on eBay for $251.56.

Yippie!!

image-2918149817.jpg

TreasureNet by iPhone

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yep another "nice item" gone due to the "Wife" effect. When will you guys learn :laughing7: I guess you need approval to go hunt and a few goodies helps with that 8-) Glad I don't have to worry about that myself anymore, if I did have a wife she would "have to be a detectorist" so she could find her own jewelry :treasurechest: or we would have a mutual agreement that items could be traded of equal likes ha-ha !

CARM

OP
OP
lawrence_1md

lawrence_1md

Apr 22, 2013
Murphysboro, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes it did! I thought it was a good find and after the excitement wore off I thought it was probably a cheap one.

My wife on the other hand spotted it right out. I've tried to get her to go out with the xterra 705 while I use my explorer se pro and she has a few times. Although I don't mind going alone.

TreasureNet by iPhone

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread