Silver Pill Box? Maker JW

Piney

Greenie
Sep 11, 2009
I found this years ago, and now wonder if it fits Fur Trade Era? Stamped 6 times inside, JW maker, Anchor, Lion? Bust Head? and perhaps a fancy G? All are very hard to read and photograph. Anyone know more?

P1050118-1.jpg

P1050110-1.jpg

P1050112-1.jpg

P1050115-1.jpg

P1050113.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
P

Piney

Greenie
Sep 11, 2009
Wow Bob! Neat sites! I think I've got it pinned down to Birmingham, 1830. Just can't find the JW yet and then would have to figure out how it got to a beach in Northern Wisconsin?? Where is Birmingham anyway? Could a silversmith from there have come to Canada to do work for the fur trade? More research needed. Thanks!

bobsphotogallery

Sep 23, 2008
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Piney said:
Wow Bob! Neat sites! I think I've got it pinned down to Birmingham, 1830. Just can't find the JW yet and then would have to figure out how it got to a beach in Northern Wisconsin?? Where is Birmingham anyway? Could a silversmith from there have come to Canada to do work for the fur trade? More research needed. Thanks!

Birmingham England ... they we in the game all along and after they beat out the french in Canada took over the trade ..
I think you might have this guys silver below .. but it is a bit hard to tell from your photos.

J.W into an oval
Joseph Willmore
Birmingham 1812 hallmark

Regards
Bob

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread