Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver is too low right now (16.40 an ounce) for silver plate to be worth anything. I would toss it in a box in your attic and wait for silver to go back up to $30.00 an ounce. Might take a few years for that to happen, though.

Or you could check the selling price of your flatware by looking them up on eBay. Some silver plated items have value because someone is missing a fork or spoon to their set and is willing to pay a decent price for a replacement piece. You would have to know the maker of the piece and the pattern to be able to look them up. Worth a shot.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not seeing any pictures I don't know how fancy the tableware is. I might suggest you try turning some of your spoons into Spoon Rings. Plated Spoon rings can sell for $10 and up.

OP
OP
nomad 11

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
Silver is too low right now (16.40 an ounce) for silver plate to be worth anything. I would toss it in a box in your attic and wait for silver to go back up to $30.00 an ounce. Might take a few years for that to happen, though.

Or you could check the selling price of your flatware by looking them up on eBay. Some silver plated items have value because someone is missing a fork or spoon to their set and is willing to pay a decent price for a replacement piece. You would have to know the maker of the piece and the pattern to be able to look them up. Worth a shot.

closest thing i have to an attic these days is the roof of my car. go figure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread