Silver plunge today...do NOT panic....it is just the effect from

cdickrun64

Nov 12, 2009
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
My eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wall Street investment companies having bought in the last half of December, so they can show there clients that they owned silver as of 12/31......"we didn't miss the silver train..."....yeah....whatever. Now that it's a new year, they are selling. Additionally, people may have waited til 2011 to sell to avoid paying the taxes on the gains in the 2010 tax year. I look at this as a buying opportunity....

kalebdad

Sep 24, 2010
I Agree. They sold stock to take loss in November and December put it into PM's and now are buying back stocks. Tax related smoke and mirrors.

JD

mr_larry

Jun 22, 2010
Northern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I really like silver as an investment, but this may be more than a one-day event. Keep your eye on the US Dollar. If you are making an initial investment in silver, you can buy some today, but I wouldn't go all in. I'd leave some money on the table to dollar cost average in case it goes lower.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
the big money -- "mover and shakers" guys cause a dip now and then to shake out the "nervious nellies" and feast upon them as they "panic sell" at a low price ---classic " big fish" guys moving the market to prey on the little fish .-- sadly its quite common --watch for the rebound .

mr_larry

Jun 22, 2010
Northern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There is big volatility in all of the precious metals today, due in part to today's underwhelming jobs report and the Fed's comments.
If you want to understand silver and gold daily price movements, check out the following blog. This guy tracks the trading of silver and gold at the COMEX and he also tracks the physical inventories of the metals there. This guy is not a paranoid delusional conspiracy theorist; he understands these markets quite well.
http://harveyorgan.blogspot.com/
He updates every night.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions