Silver premiums are off the hook

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
I was looking at the below site, which lists dealer costs (when they buy from other dealers). I have not checked it out in a while. Looks like dealers are having to pay a $3.50 premium for ASEs themselves. That is craaaazy.

There has to be a shortage with premiums like that. Whether shortage means people not selling because they want to hoard it, industry is using it up or that space aliens took it or whatever, I have never seen premiums like that in this current bull market.

http://coininfo.com/

Jim

Upvote 0
OP
OP
J

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Went to one of my local shops about Engelhard one and ten ozs. They wanted 15.50 per ounce. Last week they were 2.25 or so over spot, today 3 bucks!!!! I passed on the Engelhards and instead I got a couple of generic bars (strategic reserve stockpile bars from the 80's) for 13.50 and called it a day.

Jim

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
My local bumped everything to $3 over- including "happy anniversary" bars. I was afraid to ask what the prem was on SAE's or Maples. Soon he'll want a buck to window shop. I haven't been there for a week or two cause I know he has a waiting list for when some silver does come in (100oz-10oz) and no I didn't add my name to the list. HH Mark

Johnny Cache Hunter

Oct 16, 2006
North America
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox, White's Spectra V3, Minelab Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've shopped several stores around my area and nobody has bars except for one guy who wants $5 OVER SPOT, totally ridiculous.

JCH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread