• image-875992951.jpg
    image-875992951.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 199
Upvote 0

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Pulled this not so beautiful beauty recently. It's my second silver proof dime - found a '63 (much better shape) a while back. I was really confused by this one at first. I heard the unmistakable sound of silver in the handful of dimes, but the '94 threw me off, til I saw the S.

Great find! Same thing happened to me awhile back...I thought for sure it was plated until I weighed it!!!

Always exciting finding a silver proof!!!

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Pulled this not so beautiful beauty recently. It's my second silver proof dime - found a '63 (much better shape) a while back. I was really confused by this one at first. I heard the unmistakable sound of silver in the handful of dimes, but the '94 threw me off, til I saw the S.

Cool find! :)

I've only found one silver proof (40%er 1968-S half), I want to find a 90% silver proof! :thumbsup:

HH!
- DS

Jamesabroad

Feb 23, 2013
West Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool. I found a proof dime a while back. It is a nice looking coin but no silver. Now if I could just find a silver proof one.

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found 2... Both were later years.. i think 2003... I would have to look back and see.. Awesome find though.. It is definitely one to set aside from the normal stack

hokielegend

Nov 8, 2012
east
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You don't rim check first? I thought a modern silver proof would hv a glaring white rim.

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
hokielegend said:
You don't rim check first? I thought a modern silver proof would have a glaring white rim.

It probably wouldn't if it was as circulated and dirty as it appears.

Also, if you feel like shining it up and making it pretty again baddbluff, you could use this video to make it look nice. I did it recently with some dirty 90% Kennedys, Franklins, and Roosies and they shined up real good.

- DS

nube250

Aug 5, 2011
IL
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great find! I need to start doing dimes...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions