Silver Quarter, Indian head Penny and a few I dont know, a ring and coin???

Audiyohunter

Sep 30, 2013
Central NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites, Bounty Hunter....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found these in an old park. Not sure what 2 are, one looks like an old mans ring, the other with the hole in it is a tiny bit bigger than a quarter IMAG4099.jpg IMAG4165.jpg IMAG4166.jpg IMAG4167.jpg IMAG4168.jpg IMAG4169.jpg IMAG4171.jpg ..... IMAG4107.jpg

Upvote 2

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds! the coin / token with the hole in it is interesting, do you plan to clean it up? HH!

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The coin with the hole in it looks like it might be a KGIII. I can see the base of the bust in the far right picture in the top row. But then I looked closer and you can see writing around the edge that doesn't seem to be consistent with a KGIII. Interesting. :icon_scratch: Nice finds. :thumbsup:

junkhunter

Oct 4, 2010
You have a flying eagle penny.Nice find,at least that is design(,noticed size after i posted)

Last edited:

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. Betting it is a coin but will probably need a little peroxide or similar to identify. Congrats:icon_thumleft:

garbageman

Mar 20, 2009
Joliet, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT and Tesoro Tiger Shark
Nice finds! Look closely to see if your ring is a coin ring. Maybe someone was making them in the area and that could be why the flying eagle cent is holed. It may have been the start of one -Garbageman

detroitdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 1000,Garrett ace 250, Technetics delta
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice assortment of finds!

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coin with the hole almost looks to be an Edward VII half penny, but the tip of the neck doesn't look quite right. I think it is probably about the same time frame though

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! The thing with the hole looks like some kind of washer ? Do you know metal the ring is?

OP
OP
A

Audiyohunter

Sep 30, 2013
Central NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites, Bounty Hunter....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont know what kind of metal the ring is, it could be made out of a coin but its smoothed out. Here is the coin with the hole cleaned up a bit... IMAG4196.jpg IMAG4197.jpg IMAG4198.jpg

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that the coin has been identified, there is no doubt that it was penetrated by a bullet! Notice how the metal on the exit side of the coin is folded backward in a perfect ring, complete with striation marks...very cool trick shooting target! Sub 8-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread