Silver Quarter spill, Indian, and a bunch of wheats and asorted items!

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett gti 2500, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Met up with fellow T-Net member tinman68 today. First off we started at an old farm that dated back to the mid 1800's. Lots of trash and was very over grown with brush. I found a 1906 IH and with it was a 1914 wheat! not much else to speak of on my end. Tinman found a really neat case with a religious emblem and stones, looked to be very early 1900's or older. Then we decided to move to different site. We get there, walk out there and first hole I dig a 61 nickel. Ok odd I am thinking it rang up at 92 on the DFX must be something else. Nickels are more in the 40- 50 range. I keep looking, sure enough silver Q #1 . I go over again, another 92 silver #2. Over again 92 again. Now I have to give credit to tinman as I was digging #3 I completely lost the signal. I called him over to see if his detector would pick it up and sure enough he found it when I was unable to locate it. I must of put it on edge as I was digging it. Then about 4' away I found #4.. My second best silver spill of all times. Sad to say the rest of the hunt we found nothing but wheats and other junk. Some nice BSA relics though. Enco key chain fob tinman found and gave to me because I collect Gas and oil items. It was nice to have a fellow mder today that's for sure. Thanks Ray I would of lost that third one more then likely. 1665.JPG 1666.JPG 1667.JPG 1668.JPG 1669.JPG

Upvote 11

Agent Green

Jul 19, 2013
Midwest
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, Tesoro Silver Umax,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the silver spill, very nice.. great finds... :occasion14:

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nice finds... a lot of money to lose at once back then...

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
sweet finds, awesome silver spill and recovery and with a friend there to see it all

OP
OP
Helix

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah it was ironic I almost always carry my camera. As we were walking out to this site I mentioned to tinman how I left my camera in the car, and how some of my better finds were made when I forgot it. LOL! It was just luck. In a very minimally detected site I guess it happens? I am sure tinman68 will chime in. 1664.JPG I did have my camera at the first site with the 06 IH.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds Helix...wow..a four silver quarter spill !! I am SOOO jealous...I have said it before and I'll say it again...I will trade EVERY one of my 1965 WASHINGTON quarters (like...3 dozen)..for ONE stinkin' silver one! I know there were a gazillion '65s minted, and I think I have found at least half of them..Cool, cool finds ..thanks for sharing..oops..just slobbered on my keyboard..ddf

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would leave that camera behind every hunt my friend! That's a great day

OP
OP
Helix

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would leave that camera behind every hunt my friend! That's a great day

Yeah really. When I found my oldest silver I didn't have my camera. 1837 caped bust dime. Now around Chicago its rare to find caped bust coins. Equivalent to you east coast mder's finding 1700's or older stuff.. I have heard of people finding 1700's coins around here though. I take that back once I dug it and spotted the Eagle I drove home and grabed my camera. Bad pics I know. 715.JPG 719.JPG

Last edited:

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah really. When I found my oldest silver I didn't have my camera. 1837 caped bust dime. Now around Chicago its rare to find caped bust coins. Equivalent to you east coast mder's finding 1700's or older stuff.. I have heard of people finding 1700's coins around here though.
Yeah I can imagine that's a tough find where you are. It is nice to hunt sites up here that have had activity and settlement since he 1600s. You just never know what may come out of the dirt

Greatday05

Mar 20, 2014
Pittsfield, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Coiltech 15", Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you going to drop the key chain ring in the mail box? You could attach a note to it telling them where you found it... Just saying it could be cool.

OP
OP
Helix

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you going to drop the key chain ring in the mail box? You could attach a note to it telling them where you found it... Just saying it could be cool.[/QUOTE

I thought about it, it does have a vin# or some stamped ID of who had the account with Enco.

tinman68

Aug 5, 2011
vp il
Primary Interest:
Other
IMG_20140824_123953976.jpg IMG_20140824_202637235.jpg awesome spill helix it was just as cool to see someone else get a spill (not):BangHead: Was a fun hunt thanks again I had to put my sun glasses on to view this post from all the glare coming from that almost ounce of bling ALSO DROOLING OVER THE CAP BUST . Here r pics of religious thingy not sure rosary box or prayer case :dontknow: also got 8 wheats and some junk no pics you know what junk looks like

OP
OP
Helix

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1043100 View attachment 1043102 awesome spill helix it was just as cool to see someone else get a spill (not):BangHead: Was a fun hunt thanks again I had to put my sun glasses on to view this post from all the glare coming from that almost ounce of bling ALSO DROOLING OVER THE CAP BUST . Here r pics of religious thingy not sure rosary box or prayer case :dontknow: also got 8 wheats and some junk no pics you know what junk looks like

The look on your face. You As% Ho(* * Hole on pulling the third silver!

OP
OP
Helix

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No its worth it having a partner. In the fall I might take him to one of my pre 1900 sites. Go after the older 1800's stuff!

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great hunting there, doubt will ever see a silver spill like that out here!!

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In my area losing $1.00 in quarters would be devastating. Folks just didn't have a lot of money. Congratulations on such a wonderful group of silver coins.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread