Silver quintet

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
By 7:00 tonight, I was getting very restless. My tradition every year is to watch the Indianapolis 500, start to finish. Any of you who watched know what happened; rain delayed the race for over three hours at about 3:00 Eastern. The weather here wasn't bad, but it was threatening, so I couldn't just pick up and leave. Finally things cleared out, but I was committed to taking the kids to the pool, and it appeared that the 500 was going to resume. I did the pool, taped the rest of the race and got home about 7:00. I had to get out and do some detecting, so I grabbed my little boy and off we went to the house where yesterday I found four silver dimes. There was still about an hour and a half of daylight, so it was worth doing!
My search got off to a strong start, with five wheats piled in one hole, including a 25 and 34. I probably doubled that, or better, the rest of the evening, but what was most pleasing was the discovery of more silver. I moved to the clothesline and quickly found three silver Roseys and a Merc; three were in the same hole. Another brief shower forced me back under an large oak tree; here, I finished the evening with a 40 Washington quarter. Again, wheats and silver way outnumbered clad and modern Lincolns.
Being out this evening was great therapy; I feel more relaxed and am looking forward to the next visit to that house. I hope you all have a great holiday tomorrow!

Attachments

• 5silver (2).jpg
    5silver (2).jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 392
Upvote 0

Wasabi

Nov 7, 2005
Brevard County, FL ~ USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalinbur II,White's Beach Hunter ID 300, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F75, Tesoro Golden UMax, Whites 4900/D, Bounty Hunter IV, Bounty Hunter Big Bud
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HalfDime,
I got a little antsy tonight as well and had to get out.
I must say that MD'ing is definately theraputic for me too.
Nice finds.
I have yet to find silver this year. I know I will.
HH

Sheldius

Mar 15, 2007
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Minelab E-trac, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great silver. Sounds like a great house!

MDing gets me out of blue funks. I think by making more excitable. Strange how the same input gets two different responses. :)

HH.

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Very Cool, I have only dug 3 washington silver Quarters Belive it or not I have dug more Seated quarters than silver washingtons. I agree it is so relaxing digging up stuff (especially money). Great post!!! Albert

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions