silver ring and $100.00

teklord

Sep 26, 2006
Orlando Fl.
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Headed out to Cocoa beach today after dropping the last of 11 visiting family members at the airport. Found clad and a sterling ring marked: 1thes4:3.4
This is a Bible reference to marrage in Thessalonians, so it could be a wedding ring. A guy asked for help finding his lost wedding ring. He was just married 2 days ago and it flew off his finger when tossing a football. He offered me $100.00 if I could find it. I asked for a description in case I found any other rings while looking for his. As we were talking at the spot where he lost the ring my Excal started sounding a ring tone so I quickly agreed to " try and find it " The ring came up with the first scoop.

Teklord

Attachments

• gotcash.jpg
    gotcash.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 1,142
  • 1thesring.jpg
    1thesring.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 1,151
  • sterling.jpg
    sterling.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 1,150
Upvote 0

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what is it with rings and footballs? A good freind of mine lost his a few years ago the same way. The day after his wedding he was at the beach tossing the football and off came the ring...gone. Must of been a sign cause he just got divorced this year.

Sticks907

Mar 10, 2007
Glen Burnie, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
txkickergirl said:
what is it with rings and footballs? A good freind of mine lost his a few years ago the same way. The day after his wedding he was at the beach tossing the football and off came the ring...gone. Must of been a sign cause he just got divorced this year.

Well if that holds up the guy will be back next year with a Minelab in tow after he saw what one scoop can do.. :D :D :D

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job on finding the ring.
Heck, I'd rather pay $100 instead of getting my butt whooped by my new spouse any day! ;D
Congrats on all your finds,
MM

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Congrats on the great find and for helping the guy out.
There's not many better feelings, plus the $100, wtg!!

Smiles!
BDoo

MEinWV

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2007
West "by god" Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fishers CZ5 and 1280X
Every situation is different! In this one, both parties are happy with the outcome! An offer was made, and you came up with the goods!

Congrats on your find and your windfall!

Salvager

Sep 4, 2006
Queensland, Australia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov. Elite / Explorer II
Sounds like a good enough deal to me! He woulda been up for ALOT more than $100 for a replacement (not to mention the priceless sentimental value). You just happened to be lucky and got it first go!

Good stuff, congrats on the finds!

Have fun,
Salvager

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
There is always a great reason to have a quality detector>>>>

Fantastic!!!!!

Eddy1H

Dec 17, 2006
Rockwall Texas
Detector(s) used
Cz20, Cz6a, 1212X, Minelab, Muskateer Advantage Whites, XLT, Surf PI, Garrett TR
It looks like your hours of detecting skills payed off and the person that lost the ring was probally glad of it too. Congrats to the both of you for being at the same place at the same time. I am sure the both of you walked away with a smile.

Eddy

Trash Digger

Dec 15, 2006
Eastern North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
ModernMiner said:
Great job on finding the ring.
Heck, I'd rather pay $100 instead of getting my butt whooped by my new spouse any day! ;D
Congrats on all your finds,
MM

Yeah, what MM said. That hundred bucks was a cheap price compared to the grief he would have gotten from the new wife. My wedding ring was destroyed in an accident about a year after I got married. It probably saved my finger from getting mashed, though. Did I hear it about "losing" my ring? Oh, boy, did I. Been married 35 years now, and I THINK she has finally forgotten about it.

Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions