pepperdawg

Dec 25, 2014
North-Central CT
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO; Garrett-Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi

Hit up 2 soccer fields on way home yesterday - 925 ring and cross were within 2 feet of each other in front of team benches (permanent benches sunk in a concrete pad). Ironically they were the last finds of the day as I was out of time……facility has 4-5 more benches - needless to say I will be stopping there on the way home today :laughing7::laughing7:

Nice silver 925 ring with a blue stone - will go to my 8 y/o daughters collection

20161012_161500.jpg
20161012_161449.jpg

Cross is clean and in great shape - but not sure if its silver or not - no rust/corrosion, but not stamped 925/hallmark - is double sided - has religious pics/marking on both sides - some I don’t recognize - I forgot to get a pic of the back. Anyone have any details about?

20161012_161453.jpg

At a different soccer field earlier I had found some clad a key and a smith and forge cider keyring/token. Mmm hard cider..

20161013_080221.jpg

Of the clad - found a clean 1965 (DAMMIT) quarter, and nice 1950 wheat and 1959 canuckistan penny.

20161010_155851.jpg

Thanks for looking - HH!!

Upvote 20
From the appearance of that cross it certainly looks to be silver,and I am sure your daughter will cherish that nice ring.

A nice couple of jewelry pieces, congratulations! :occasion14:

Nice looking ring, good day when the silver shows itself. Congrats!!

dug 2 similar crosses from same maker, if not marked it is plated brass. hit a tip of the rear with a file (GENTLY) to see base metal

Great finds! :occasion14:

Thx guys - one more from the same bench/park/field

20161014_075645.jpg

on the way home last nite - a "Diamond" stud earring......was fun to find. Cheap gold-tone 'metal' and the diamond didnt pass the 'breath test' very well. The stud snapped when I was brushing the dirt off it.

One more pic of the ring/cross after cleaning....

20161016_180858.jpg

Thx again for looking - HH

Looks like an old cross old stuff didn't have hallmarks run it under your detector see if it shows silver vdi good finds Thanks fort sharing em!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the cross isn't marked, I will almost guarantee it is silver plate. I find a lot of that style underwater. Most are silver plated brass but some are marked sterling. I have never seen one that was sterling that isn't marked. Nice digs

Looks like a blue topaz in that silver ring. Nice find! -Lisa

Nice finds. Congrats!

Thx all - I thank I can make out an ITALY stamp under one of the symbols on the cross but don't see a 925 - so guessing its plated - but its in great condition, so my wife put in on a chain and gave it to our 8 y/o son - he likes it so that's what matters.

Jessie loves the ring - she says its the fanciest one I found yet :)

Thx all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back