Silver ring today

DrGrip

Apr 12, 2009
North, Texas
Detector(s) used
White's XLT & Quick Draw II
Nice dainty little thing that fits the wife's pinky finger perfectly!

I went out to a ballpark this afternoon that has old style bleachers with dirt underneath. Several people were out working on the field and I asked about MD out there. The man I spoke with said he had no issues with me hunting but to please fill in all of my holes. I assured him I would and I would take all trash out with me.

For the first 3 tab signals he came over to see what I had dug, after seeing it was not treasure and commenting that I was filling in the holes just fine, he went back to work with his guys. About 2 signals later this little ring came up. I was literally on my knees under the bleachers swinging the MD when I found it.

Most of the area is holding water right now so I'll go back one afternoon this week to work the rest of it. All together I found $ 0.97 in clad and this ring...

Before cleaning
ring_bc.jpg

After cleaning
ring_ac.jpg

Hallmark
ring_hm.jpg

Grip

Upvote 0

STH69

Bronze Member
Feb 17, 2009
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, ACE 250 with 9X12 coil
Thats a unique design, very nice.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice looking silver ring. keep us posted when you get back there so we know how you did..Matt

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on finding the nice Silver Ring. It sounds like you dig all signals, that is
important if you want to find rings. I know you will dig tons of trash, but believe me, you will
find plenty of rings.

HH, Ringfinder

OP
OP
DrGrip

DrGrip

Apr 12, 2009
North, Texas
Detector(s) used
ringfinder said:
Congratulations on finding the nice Silver Ring. It sounds like you dig all signals, that is
important if you want to find rings. I know you will dig tons of trash, but believe me, you will
find plenty of rings.

HH, Ringfinder

Yep, I dig everything! I have the tab and bottle cap collection bag to prove it today for sure.

We have rain coming this direction which is going to muddy it up again, but I plan to check daily to see when it's dry enough to spelunk under the bleachers again.

Grip

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Neat little ring. HH.......

baylorhall

Nov 17, 2008
North Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a James Avery silver ring. He is in Kerrville, but has stores all over the place. You can look it up on their website and see its value. Nice job!

bellapoison

Apr 7, 2009
Kaufman County, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
baylorhall said:
That is a James Avery silver ring. He is in Kerrville, but has stores all over the place. You can look it up on their website and see its value. Nice job!

Aw, you beat me to the punch. James Avery makes some pretty jewelry, and I've always liked his dogwood designs like this ring. I think most of the dogwood designs are retired now.

OP
OP
DrGrip

DrGrip

Apr 12, 2009
North, Texas
Detector(s) used
WOW, you folks are on top of it!

It does look like the ring has been retired since it is not listed on their web site.

Thanks for looking and thanks for the ID on the maker of the ring.

Grip

Dirty WhiteBoy

Apr 21, 2009
Seminole, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX fine jewelery extraction device
That is an awesome find! Keep diggin those dime/silver signals and you will find many silver rings! Congrats on another nice addition to your collection! :thumbsup:

JJTheisen

Apr 19, 2009
USAF
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250
That is a pretty sweet looking ring! Ster. Silv. is always a good find!

John
(Newbie)

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Very cool ring.....glad the folks here helped you ID it too! That was a sweet find! WTG! :thumbsup:

HH,
Moon

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread