Silver rings during hunt plus found and returned a purse today

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
It was beautiful here in Michigan this weekend. Unfortunately, I had to attend funeral proceedings Thursday thru Saturday for my relative, 32 years old, who passed away suddenly earlier this week. So very sad it was. :'(

This morning I did manage to get out and hunt two schools. After the hunt, a long hard day out there, lots of digging, I came home and took a nap. After that, I got up and went grocery shopping. After I finished shopping, I went out to my truck to load my groceries and in the shopping cart caddie near my truck, I noticed a purse that someone had obviously left in their cart by mistake. I stood around for a while but no one came to claim it. I snached it up and headed back inside. As I was walking in, I took a peak inside and it was a nurses purse. There was a checkbook, about a dozen credit cards, and a wallet with some cash in it... don't know how much. I took it to the Service desk and turned it in intact and didn't steal any of the lady's stuff. The gal at the service desk said a lady had just called a few minutes ago all frantic asking if anyone had turned in her purse. She left her number so the gal was going to call her. I was glad to be able to help another person out today and I am sure she was relieved to get it back. I did not have my camera, so no photo of the purse, sorry.

I had a fun hunt this morning. The weather was perfect. Maybe the last hunt of the year, you never know this time of year for us. It is supposed to snow here this week, so I was really glad to get out. The first school was mostly a bust. I did mange one bent up ring hallmarked 925, with a flower design and a few coins. The second school was great. The woodchips were so so but there was a lot of nice grassy areas to cover, Several soccer fields. It was an older school, 1950's I think so I was finding some nice older items. Lot's of digging but it was worth it, tons of targets, coins, and goodies. I got another ring hallmarked Sterling, a signet type ring with no initial. Also popped out two silver coins, a 1962D quarter and a 1944 Mercury dime and 9 wheatbacks. One religious medallian also. Lot's of cool keepers today!!

Keepers Nov 4.jpg

Another cool find was a large German coin found on one of the soccer fields. A 2 Mark coin from 1974, a commemorative coin about the size of a half dollar, that says 1949-1969 on the front.

2 Mark F.jpg
2 mark B.jpg

So I hunted about 7 hours total and dug a lot of stuff.
250 coins for a face value of $22.60. Only 100 pennies plus 54 quarters and 57 dimes.
My coin total today put me over the 9000 coin mark for the season!!

Other finds included 3 junque rings, a few pendants/fobs things, two cub scout neckerchiefs, some cool older things, and a really interesting pocket knife thing. I also got 3 other foriegn coins including a chinese one.

All in all, a great day today. Lots of smiles!! I hope yours was a good one too, thanks for reading. HH!!

BDoo

Attachments

• 04NOV07 T.jpg
    04NOV07 T.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 1,043
  • 04NOV07 F.jpg
    04NOV07 F.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 1,023
Upvote 0

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My condolences on your family's loss BDoo.

You always have such a large assortment of finds. That butterfly knife looks kind of dangerous.....and the bust on that one foreign coin looks like Alfred Hitchcock. ;D

geo4472

Feb 19, 2007
paterson nj
Detector(s) used
discovery 2000 , ace 250 & x-terra 50
sorry to hear about the loss of a family member.wtg on your finds and returning the purse.yearightsucka
is right those knifes are illegal in a lot of states keep it home in your misc. finds.good luck and happy hunting

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Sorry about your loss Bobby, its pretty awful when someone so young passes away. Looks like the finds are still popping up for you...54 quarters is an outrageous number! Congrats on the silver too. Not sure if I will be getting out anymore this year...although I would really like to quit the year with 7,000 coins...only 89 to go. Great hunting as usual Bobby!

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bdoo,
I'm out of town right now but decided to check in on TN.
Sorry to hear of your loss. I'm actually back in my hometown right now. We had my father's headstone put on his gravesite for his 72nd birthday today. A tough day for my brothers and I, but it seemed to bring some closure for us.

Congrats on all those great finds big guy, and also returning that purse.
I'm glad it was an honest person that found it.
Nice job on the silver!!!

-MM-

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
I call these posts roller coaster posts...they are the hardest to respond to.... First sorry for the loss of your relative at such a young age... :(

Onto your finds nice job on the silver....also 54 quarters damn...that is alot. As far as the weather change...we are going through it today...with the 35mph wind gusts... when I got off work this morning I actually sat outside the park I was going to hunt until the temperature went above 35... Ended up with 129 coins...but the only good thing was the 33 dimes.... You had a really nice mix of items...nice hunt... :)

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm very sorry to hear about the loss in your family.
It's good you were able to get out and do something that you like to do. . . nice finds and great job for finding the owner of that purse ;)

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Hello BDoo,

I am sorry to hear about the loss of your young relative. We need to enjoy every minute, 'cause we never know when our time is up.

I'm glad you carried on with something you thoroughly enjoy and are very skilled at. I see you found some silver coinage and some wheaties...that's great!! How deep can that old machine of yours detect? Sure looks like you know how to find the older coinage when you move from the woodchips to the turf.

Congrats, buddy!!

CAPTN SE
Dan

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BDoo....sorry to hear about your relative, always sad when someone goes so young, but remember that everything happens for a reason and alot of things are out of our control and we jsut have to cherish the memories and be thankful for the time that was granted.
Great job on the purse return, I am sure the lady was relieved and ecstatic to get it back!!!
Nice finds as well...hope the snow holds off for a while so you are able to get out a few more times.

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Sorry for your loss, it's tough anytime, never mind so young.

I have left my purse in a shopping cart on Thanksgiving eve, all the hustle and bustle I was careless :-[ It was also returned intact. Thank you for the good deed, I know I was relieved, I bet the nurse was too.

What a great group of finds, that's allot of clad :o. I hope you get out some more this season, we look forward to your posts!

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
sfinder said:
Great day with the silver and foreign coins. That woman will be so glad you found her purse and returned it. Did you find any zipper pulls today?

Must catch up on my replies from all you nice friend from last week...

thanks Sfinder!! yes, a great day for sure.
Here's the pulls and hair clips from last weekend.
I found quite a few last saturday... No pulls yesterday lol.

:)

Attachments

• Nov4 pulls.jpg
    Nov4 pulls.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 286
OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
PossumHeadEd said:
Sorry for your loss.

Also, I admire you for being honest and turning in that purse. Not to many folks like you left in the world.

Great finds!! :o I work part time at a college that has been here since 1856 and today I got permission to MD on campus and one of the first places I'm going to is the soccer fields.
HH,
Ed

I hope you do well at the campus, good luck.
Thanks for the freidnly reply!!

;D

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
rcawdorswife said:
My condolences to you on your loss. :-[

Good job on returning the purse. My purse is like my security blanket as well as an assault weapon with all the change in the bottom. ;D

RCW

PS I FOUND A ZIPPER PULL TODAY !! My very first one. ;)

Thanks so much "H"!!
Returning the purse was a no brainer and I hope the lady got it back and didn't have to go through all the hassle canceling all the cards etc. Mastereagle has got us all watching for those zipper pulls huh. lol

;D

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
dave-enc said:
sorry about relative passing away bobby, congrats on another good day of finds
hh
dave+bobbie

Thanks Dave and Bobbie.
Hope to see you next weekend.

;D

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
River Rat said:
My heartfelt sympathy to you on the death of your relative. Glad you took the time out to relax and relieve some stress...great finds. Plus your good deed of the day helping return a lost purse. WTG!

;) RR

Appreciate it J!!! Thank you!

;D

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Talos said:
I recently did the funeral thing as well. There's no way of sugarcoating it, funerals are just sad. I too found a woman's purse, this one on Main Street of my small hometown, drenched from the night's previous rain. It had a checkbook, credit cards, some change. I turned it into the police department, where the dispatcher said she knew the owner. That's the fourth purse/wallet I turned in during the last few years.

Glad to here of your good deed also, WTG!!! This was my 3 rd in the last two years.
Thanks for the nice comments!

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
bootybay said:
Bobby am so sorry on your families loss... but am also glad you got out for a bit...holey cow, as usual you did fantastic hunting.... and you know your one of my favorite hunters...My tot lot hero..so heres to ya... one very nice honest man.

Thanks muchly Rae, glad you enjoy my sharing. You smiled me, thanks for that!! We all need that for sure.

;D

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
goldencoin said:
Sorry to hear about the funeral, very nice hunt and if you don't mind the temps, we should be able to dig for another week or so....I've MD'ed while snow was whipping in my face with temps of 20 degrees. (that wasn't even the last hunt)

I haven't been posting because i've been in a good finds slump since the end of august, no silver, no jewelry(except a very tiny gold fish), and very few relics. However, i did get a trio of wheats yesterday and i'm looking into a new place to hunt

HH
-GC

I hope your luck changes and you can get a couple more goodies before the snow flies, good luck GC and thank you!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread