F-75, Infinium LS, MXT, GoldBug2, TDI Pro, 1280X Aquanaut, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last edited:
Upvote 0

trainermick

Jul 15, 2009
Chatham, Ontario
Thanks again for the report Jim. Makes me want to head back up there this spring. Great tip about the road spills. I found a 6 pound highgrade specimen along side of the road along with some smaller quality specimens. The tailings at some of the older sites also gave up some great silver. I like to search for float in the valleys and crevices and have done quite well. Just a word of caution when detecting in this area. Have a good map/gps. I spent the night in the woods once there. Not fun !!

OP
OP
Jim Hemmingway

Jim Hemmingway

Jan 26, 2008
Canada
Detector(s) used
F-75, Infinium LS, MXT, GoldBug2, TDI Pro, 1280X Aquanaut, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks trainermick...if you can put off heading up there until the autumn you can find me at the Loon Lake Park. Its just a quarter mile north of the Hwy 11B turnoff and on the Portage Bay Road about 200 yards along to the right. Its a convenient spot found a few years back, they keep the water and showers on until freeze-up. I head up each autumn now with the camper in tow. When the water gets turned off, we use lakewater heated up in a portable shower nailed high on a handy tree, along with a big fire. They also have a cabin for rent.

There is also another real good camping / cabins for rent place on Marsh Bay Road, but I can't think of the outfit's name just now. Right on the Montreal River, quite scenic. Cabins have heaters, clean and comfortable.

Jim.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread