silver score

goldinmypan

Apr 18, 2006
Ventura, CA
Detector(s) used
LST
Found these at s hoa sale today. Lady had them marked $30 - $40 ea. After mentioning that silver was down to $35 and that some were weighted, I offered her $99.75 which was all I had on me. She took it since she didn't want to box it up again. Tried not to gloat to much. What supprised me was that they had been open for a couple of hours and no one had grabbed them. I think the weighted part scared them off. Here are some photos. the scale shot is the weight of the 3 unweighted pieces. 409 grams. The 4 weighted pieces weigh in at a total of 961 grams. At about $1.05/ gram. I think I did OK. Now if silver goes back up to $50..... phil

Attachments

• 925 002.JPG
    925 002.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 1,506
  • 925 004.JPG
    925 004.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 1,535
  • 925 005.JPG
    925 005.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 1,533
OP
OP
goldinmypan

goldinmypan

Apr 18, 2006
Ventura, CA
Detector(s) used
LST
Cup - Newport sterling #1626
Bowl - RD sterling #89 Richard Dimes 1908 thru 1955
Lg Bowl - (no mfg) Sterling #893

Stemed pieces
LA inside a Bell - LA Bell?? weighted 1940 ish
International Sterling - weighted and reinforced #127 40
no mfg - sterling weighted

Candlestick - Empire #371 weighted

blai745

May 5, 2010
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
goldinmypan said:

Stemed pieces

Nice score...But I hate to say it, you scamed her more than any other CASH FOR GOLD robbers...you even told her about the price of silver per ounce and you only gave her like $95 for over $450 worth of silver.

billn1956

Jan 2, 2010
How in the world can you scam some one when you tell them what it is saling for?if you were saling some thing and I pointed out you were to high and told you what the new price is and you then agreed to take a lot less.I would not have scammed you..you might have been stupid ,,but it was yours to except or not.

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
blai745 said:
goldinmypan said:

Stemed pieces

Nice score...But I hate to say it, you scamed her more than any other CASH FOR GOLD robbers...you even told her about the price of silver per ounce and you only gave her like $95 for over $450 worth of

It was a yardsale if she wanted silver prices send it to a refinery.. period..

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd say you did great. It's not your job to inform the seller what to price their items at. She could have said no thank you, i'll pass. BTW- What is a "s hoa sale"?

blai745

May 5, 2010
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
billn1956 said:
How in the world can you scam some one when you tell them what it is saling for?if you were saling some thing and I pointed out you were to high and told you what the new price is and you then agreed to take a lot less.I would not have scammed you..you might have been stupid ,,but it was yours to except or not.
Yea but heres the thing...the "new price" is four times the actual worth...plus he told her the price per ounce of silver...and seeing how it was more than 10 oz...he only offered $95...meaning scamed!

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
blai745 said:
billn1956 said:
Yea but heres the thing...the "new price" is four times the actual worth...plus he told her the price per ounce of silver...and seeing how it was more than 10 oz...he only offered $95...meaning scamed!
I'm tired of these johnny do gooders who have yell scam everytime someone gets a good deal... I am not going to pay more for something just so I can post it on here an not hear scam, if someone has no clue what they have that is not my problem... how ever If it is a elderly person I will pay more cause they are thinking silver is still 1.00 an ounce

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
creeper71 said:
blai745 said:
billn1956 said:
I'm tired of these johnny do gooders who have yell scam everytime someone gets a good deal... I am not going to pay more for something just so I can post it on here an not hear scam, if someone has no clue what they have that is not my problem... how ever If it is a elderly person I will pay more cause they are thinking silver is still 1.00 an ounce
Yeah, I guess it's a scam when I find a piece of pottery for $3 that's worth 2k also. Or maybe it's a scam everytime I find something for "X" amount of dollars and it sells for 20-30 times that amount. Gimme a break.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I think the word scam is being used incorrectly in this post... A scam is when you deliberately trick someone into giving you money in exchange for something that was falsely represented or for nothing at all. The correct term would be "ripping off" I suppose. In this case, noone ripped anyone off, he just got a good deal (which is the exact nature of why we post in this forum). If he knew it was sterling but told them it was steel and said it was worthless and only paid a few bucks, then it would be considered ripping off.

Goldmanford

Aug 1, 2011
North Carolina
Someone was just jealous they didn't get that score...because they would have done the EXACT same thing and not posted it. I would have paid $1 per item and not felt bad about it if that was the price it was offered. No one forced that person to sell anything. I guess I'm a scammer too because I found a silver dime near the curb of a house and I didn't knock on the door to see if they lost it 40 years ago! >:(

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
Goldmanford said:
Someone was just jealous they didn't get that score...because they would have done the EXACT same thing and not posted it. I would have paid $1 per item and not felt bad about it if that was the price it was offered. No one forced that person to sell anything. I guess I'm a scammer too because I found a silver dime near the curb of a house and I didn't knock on the door to see if they lost it 40 years ago! >:(
That makes you a theif not a scammer..lol j/k

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread