watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last week, my friend & I were out hunting four permission properties that dated from the 1900’s to the 1950’s.

The first property had a 1930’s house that was scheduled for future demolition so our expectations were high. While hunting the sidewalk parkway, I happily recovered a 1944 Merc and bronze gas valve. And in the front yard, a sterling thimble (Bucket Lister for me), a partial piece of a “Limited” toy railway car plus, some wheats and a 1919-S Buffalo Nickel.

The 2nd & 3rd properties, about three houses down the street, were adjacent vacant lots that my friend & I had hunted several times earlier this spring. This time, I used the smaller, 6 x10 DD coil on my V3i and was not disappointed. Right off the bat, I got a sweet, repeating tone and recovered an intact, Barclay Gasoline truck (I love kids toys) and within 30-feet away, were two Merc Dimes, a Great Seal military button and a miniature thimble (two in one day).

After a day of rest, we went to the last property which was a 1950’s home scheduled for demolition. The back yard yielded just a few wheats but in the front yard, I recovered one of the coolest silver quarter’s I’d ever found. It appears that at some point in time, it had been “repurposed” for a target.

Thanks for looking & happy hunting!

_DSC9002.JPG

_DSC9003.JPG

_DSC9004.JPG

_DSC9005.JPG

Upvote 10

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice variety of finds from those properties and nice holed GW Quarter! :icon_thumright:

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Lots of silver there. I haven't seen a shot quarter in a while. Love the truck. Sweet finds all around

wildcarrot

Oct 5, 2013
SoCal
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
old used white's surfmaster PI, Dual Field, DFX, Minelab GM 1000 and Nox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was a neat hunt you had some really cool finds. I like the way you stated "some wheats" isn't that a 1909 Lincoln in the picture?
First year issue Lincoln... Great Find!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice collection of interesting finds! The toys are a real cool find! Oh, and that poor quarter; bet it took a real marksmen to shoot a quarter in the air (if that is what happened). :occasion14:

OP
OP
watercolor

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone, thank you for the replies.

I was really pleased when I found that holed Washington Quarter. . . one of the most interesting silvers I've found. After finding it, it brought back memories of my childhood in the 1960's when I was 13-years old. My Dad had just pulled up in the driveway from work and he saw me shooting my BB-gun. He pulled a Half Dollar out of his pocket and set it next to a tree in the front yard and said if I could hit it with my BB-gun, I could have it. Well, I did hit it (one shot), and when I looked at it, it was a 1918 Walker. I was really upset because I collected coins. I still have it to this day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread