Silver Spoon and a...

Fugio

Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Legend, AT Pro, Garret Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Guys, So went out hunting for the first time this year on Sunday 2/28. Finally the ground out here in New Hampshire is finally starting to thaw! I figure I would go out for a quick hunt and see how the conditions turned out. There are two old schools nearby. One, an elementary school built in 1914; the other a high school built circa 1890. Hunting in the woods nearby the elementary school I got a solid signal and dug up the handle for some piece of old silverware. Then, nearby I got another hit and recovered the other end of the silverware and discovered it was a spoon. After some cleaning it turned out the spoon was made by the Oxford Silver Plate Co. Circa 1908. Just a few more steps up the hill I found the next find. Very ornate, apparently made of a very malleable material(maybe pewter). I think it might be a belt buckle. Anyone know what this item may be or give an idea as to the time period it may have been made? Thank you for any input. Not a bad first day out! DSC_0468.JPG DSC_0474.JPG DSC_0477.JPG DSC_0475.JPG

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Fugio

Fugio

Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on getting out.

Thanks brother. Not the most impressive finds that's for sure, but it was great just to get out there and move some dirt.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Fugio, do you think you might possibly have a drawer pull?

OP
OP
Fugio

Fugio

Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fugio, do you think you might possibly have a drawer pull?

You know, I thought they were too thin for such an application; but now that you mention it, and I look at some photos, I think we might have a match. Thanks for the input, helps me understand the site better.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks like one to me.

BTW: I don't know who Lance is, but I'm stealing that signature line. :-)
Glad I could help Fugio. Top, Lance is a character in a British series called Detectorists that aired first on Netflix,hilarious show.

OP
OP
Fugio

Fugio

Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad I could help Fugio. Top, Lance is a character in a British series called Detectorists that aired first on Netflix,hilarious show.

I appreciate it! And I just watched the first season of Detectorists, I loved it. Funny show.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't want to hijack anyone's thread, but I have to agree, Detectorists is hilarious! :laughing7:

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Captain Caveman you can view Season 2 on an app called Daily Motion. Sorry for the double hijack Fugio and a good morning to you both.

OP
OP
Fugio

Fugio

Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a problem at all! Unless someone else has any idea what my find might be, then we might as well talk about something else haha. I didn't know that season 2 was up though. Definitely going to be checking that out! Thanks CoilyGirl.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread