North Central PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took my new/used fully equipped work van out for a weekend hunt,

Van Equiped.jpg

in the hopes of continuing the silver finds. But, it was not to be. Saturday was beautiful........60+ degrees......a real pleasure. Then spent 2 hours on Sunday with 34 degrees, 20 mph winds and snow furrlies (yes, furrlies) swirling, hunting for the elusive metal........it was brutal!!

1119 Hunt.jpg 1120 Hunt.jpg

Managed to find a couple hand fulls of wheat and a couple of decent relics..........but, the mini silver streak ended at 6.

Thanks for lookin' in and good luck to all of you for the remainder of this hunting season!!

Upvote 15

$stinger

Nov 4, 2016
PA
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Chizzy, I was rooting for you to keep the streak going. Well it looks like you still had a good hunt none the less. Crazy weather we're having here in PA. I can't believe you were out today it's brutal!!!

OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chizzy, I was rooting for you to keep the streak going. Well it looks like you still had a good hunt none the less. Crazy weather we're having here in PA. I can't believe you were out today it's brutal!!!

Thanks for the cheer, $stinger! My wife thinks I'm crazy for going out there today, but I just had to try........it's a good spot. Really difficult to wait til spring to hit it.

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a damn fine silver streak! I've only ever managed 4 consecutive hunts with a silver coin. Congratulations! Now let's get a new streak cook'n!!!!!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice hunt! :occasion14: I love the way you set up your van.

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shame the silver streak ended, you still had a good day and a good silver run before today.
Won't be long and you'll be on another run.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When are you gonna frame the van i and install the paneling and shag carpeting? :tongue3: I have a Mazda MPV, I keep the rear seats folded down into the floor and made a false floor so all my gear can stay out of site.

I can see you are really obsessed with this hobby like me and many others. I was out Fri, Sat, and then again Sunday. In the low 30's with high winds after snow fell over the evening. I am out there until the ground freezes or the snow is too deep.

OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a damn fine silver streak! I've only ever managed 4 consecutive hunts with a silver coin. Congratulations! Now let's get a new streak cook'n!!!!!

Thank you, Silvermonkey, but to be accurate, not all those silver finds were coins. 2 War nickles, a GW quarter, 3 silver rings and a silver bracelet charm. I'm sure gonna try to get another one goin' before the ground freezes!!

OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt! :occasion14: I love the way you set up your van.

Thanks, Doc..... the picture of the work truck was taken on a job site and many of the tools were inside. But, the important one is always hangin' there ready for immediate use!!

OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shame the silver streak ended, you still had a good day and a good silver run before today.
Won't be long and you'll be on another run.

Yeah, deershed......I always heard that good things have to end. But, so do the bad things!! There's another streak out there just awaitin'!!

OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always sad to see a Silver Streak come to an end.
Glad you got out and congrats on your finds.

Thanks, atw.......I pushed really hard on Saturday to keep it going, but all I turned over was wheat..........

OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry about the streak congrats on the other finds

Thanks, art.....I'd also like to get a streak of those large coppers you seem to find on a regular basis......heck, I'd like to find any large copper!!

OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When are you gonna frame the van i and install the paneling and shag carpeting? :tongue3: I have a Mazda MPV, I keep the rear seats folded down into the floor and made a false floor so all my gear can stay out of site.

I can see you are really obsessed with this hobby like me and many others. I was out Fri, Sat, and then again Sunday. In the low 30's with high winds after snow fell over the evening. I am out there until the ground freezes or the snow is too deep.

Already have a nice thick piece of carpet for wall to wall, end to back of seats install. The carpet now on the floor is actually 2 pieces of covered 1/2" plywood. I'll salvage some more carpet from jobs this winter for the sides and build boxes and shelves for the tools and crucial equipment!!
Yeah, Loco-Digger.......extreme weather is about the only thing that will keep me from swingin' that coil!! I was out today after work for an hour (little over $1 in clad). There are more days ahead good enough to get out there! I just need to remember when it gets too bad that March is just around the corner!!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet Van like Kevin says I went out the last two days 35 36 ish the ground isn't frozen I actually like it I have a hoodie that goes over my head and head phones the headphones keep my ears warm then I have a nice warm jacket over the hoodie with lots of pockets and sweet gloves that I can grab finds with and move easily in its like summer kinda I stay warm and there is less people around. You ended your silver streal I want to end my clad streak Thanks for the awesome post!!!This site keeps me going when the ground is too hard to dig Keep it up!!!Tommy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread