Silver Sunday

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont
Decided to go to a new spot today. It is way out on a dirt road that overlooks a covered bridge that goes across a beautiful little river. The people own a new house that was built on the site of an early 1800's farm. The farm burnt down in 1930 or so. They have about 50 acres or so, and I can come and go at will. More nice people!!! Found a 1911 Canadian Half dollar in very nice shape. a 1944 Quarter a, a 1944 Mercury Dime and a 1907 barber dime, along with a undated buffalo. Also found 4 wheaties, a Canadian 1907 large cent and what appears to be a 1883 indian head. The copper coins are soaking in hydrogen peroxide right now. Also a nice 69 caliber musket ball an old button and a brass whatsit. It was just so beautiful at this spot. I will take some pictures the next time I go up there....Lance

Attachments

• August 05 large cents 097.jpg
    August 05 large cents 097.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 349
  • August 05 large cents 099.jpg
    August 05 large cents 099.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 350
Upvote 0
OP
OP
comfyinvermont

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont
JakePhelps said:
Great finds!! Rich nailed it, its a tent rope tensioner :)
Rich in Texas said:
The device on the left looks like a rope tensioner for a tent. That design goes way back. Nice coins!

Rich
Thanks for the info on the tent rope tensioner. Any idea how it worked?

northeast hunter said:
Hey lance do you find a lot of Canadian coins out there ?..i find a lot over here in New Hampshire..thay are older coins to
Yeah, I do find quite a bit of Canadian. I have found a lot of early 1800 canadian bank tokens and quite a few of the large cents. This is my first old canadian half dollar though. Here is a nice picture of the front of the coin, its a real pretty design...Lance

Attachments

• August 05 large cents 105.jpg
    August 05 large cents 105.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 318
OP
OP
comfyinvermont

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont
Here is an old picture of the site I was searching today. If you look at the very top on the right you will see a house and barn. This is the one that burnt down in 1930 and it was up there that I found these things today....Lance

Attachments

• Greenbanks hollow.jpg
    Greenbanks hollow.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 314

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Oh, Greenbanks Hollow, Huh??? I'll be there by morning.

Comfy, those Vermontese people must have had alot of holes in their pockets. ;D

Congratulations, again.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Haupin....wait a couple a hours before you leave....we can go together! :D

Really nice finds! Always love to see those old photos!

;)

DetectoDude

May 2, 2004
So. Ca.
Another shining day for you Lance congrats!! I am glad to see that you have been doing your homework and you have found another great spot can't wait. I hope Ephraim is on time!

Mike in Fla.

Sep 4, 2005
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Minelab Quattro, Minelab Exp. II, Garrett Ace 250, GTXA 1000,
Great finds, I think i would make a return trip to that area. Keep up the great work.
Thanks for the great pics.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread