Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello:

First of all I oppologise if the pictures are a bit off :sadsmiley: I recently destroyed my camera on holiday in Antigua, I am waiting for the insurance company to replace it.

Managed a couple of decent finds Sunday gone, not been able to get to my new hunting grounds because of the heavy rain fall, so I oppted for a field a bit closser to home, and made some good finds
The first find is a large sheild shaped traders weight, with traders mark, a whopping 4oz, nearly blew the headphones off :laughing7: couple of decent buttons, and a Silver piece that I have yet to ID :icon_scratch: part of a bracelet or necklace :dontknow: A Anglo Saxon Hooked Tag, and a battered William111 sixpence.

Two hammered poped up later in the day, cut half of Henry111, and a Edward1st penny, The find of the day turned out to be a nice little Silver Ring, which again I am unable to date, as I have found no reference like one, and there are no makers marks:dontknow: but I am well pleased with it, and so was the daughter, as it fit here nicely, so she duly claimed it. :laughing7:

SS:icon_thumright:

Attachments

• P1000241.JPG
    P1000241.JPG
    133.9 KB · Views: 116
  • P1000243.JPG
    P1000243.JPG
    165.5 KB · Views: 127
  • P1000244.JPG
    P1000244.JPG
    154.6 KB · Views: 107
  • P1000247.JPG
    P1000247.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 102
  • P1000248.JPG
    P1000248.JPG
    114.8 KB · Views: 108
  • P1000255.JPG
    P1000255.JPG
    132.6 KB · Views: 140
  • P1000254.JPG
    P1000254.JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 129
  • P1000249.JPG
    P1000249.JPG
    142.1 KB · Views: 123
  • P1000252.JPG
    P1000252.JPG
    206.8 KB · Views: 128
  • P1000261.JPG
    P1000261.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 123
  • P1000262.JPG
    P1000262.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 107
  • P1000263.JPG
    P1000263.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Upvote 5
Well done Colin!..very nice hammered !
:hello2:

Nice range of finds there mate, theres bound to be more , l like the trade weight, it's a cracker! Hutch

the variety of finds and appearance ,shows that Colin plays fair! :wink:

SS,

Great selection of finds....funny how the ladies in our lives tend to pick off a lot of our jewelry finds....lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

Colin, I know you gave that ring with joy mate, some very nice finds to say the least, I like that intricate Silver piece and Trade Weight, cool. Nice to see you posting again! God Bless Chris

Colin, I know you gave that ring with joy mate, some very nice finds to say the least, I like that intricate Silver piece and Trade Weight, cool. Nice to see you posting again! God Bless Chris
I think the weight might have been to weigh wool Chriss, I have actually found one bigger than that.

SS

Love the silver but that trade weight is cool! Not seen something similar here... :icon_thumleft:

Love the silver but that trade weight is cool! Not seen something similar here... :icon_thumleft:
Thanks, this one of the best I have found.
Shield-shaped trade weights of this general type are believed to have been in use from the late 14th until at least the late 18th century. Evidence for their use at a later period is based on the fact that a few have been found with official stamps of the type used on copper-alloy weights from the 17th to the early 19th century.

SS

Great finds, and it goes to show the good stuff can be close to home!

Wish we could find stuff half as good/cool and you guys and gals come across over there in the UK!
....But super happy you share it here and let us all get a glimpse of the culture and finds there, keep 'em coming!!!

~~HH

Man, I gotta stopping clicking on you Englishsters' finds threads. :boxing: Those finds are so incredible. Congrats to you! :notworthy:

Great bunch of finds. Love the hammered, wish we could find them over here. The unidentified silver is interesting, has an 18th century look to it. What time frame would you date the little silver ring to?

Great bunch of finds. Love the hammered, wish we could find them over here. The unidentified silver is interesting, has an 18th century look to it. What time frame would you date the little silver ring to?
Tough one to date the ring Steve :dontknow: I have yet to find something similar, could be Medieval, or perhaps a lot less old. I really don't know.

SS

Nice finds SS:icon_thumleft:, I wish my closest field was open at the moment and I could have a few hours like that:laughing7:.

hammered

Nice finds SS:icon_thumleft:, I wish my closest field was open at the moment and I could have a few hours like that:laughing7:.

hammered
...Plenty time Mate, it's not going anywere, I hope to get to some of my better fields this weekend.:occasion14:

SS

Outstanding Digs SS !! Nothing wrong with those pics although I know all too well what it feels like to lose your best camera .. been there , done that :BangHead: I always liked the William III Six pence silver " he has bulging eyes on that one :o .. the colonists used the six pence here in New Jersey area for a toll fee .. I think it was one Six pence for just the cart with one oxen and two people to cross the Cedar Swamp bridge back in the 1700's , found two near that crossing ... for three centuries New Jersey is still charging a significant fee to cross a bridge :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back