WildDigger

Sep 22, 2012
Winder Ga
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX3030 & At Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out today and hunted with Dave to some old houses. I hit 3 wheats and after working the area real slow I hit a weird tone on the CTX It was bouncing all over high tones. first in the hole 3 inches down was a brass key then a nail next to it. I figured the key was the higher tone. I re checked the hole and still got a 12-47 but it was scratchy and odd. Well 6 inches down was a 1941 Washington on edge. Dang I love this machine!!!! That makes 46 to round out the year!!!

100_0170.jpg

Upvote 0

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those numbers would be tough call to say it was generally good signal. A thought - what about laying all of those things in a pile with the quarter on edge in the ground and retest it just to see what the machine says. Then subtract items to see how the numbers change. Could be useful info, maybe...........63bkpkr

OP
OP
WildDigger

WildDigger

Sep 22, 2012
Winder Ga
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX3030 & At Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So far 12-47 has been a good signal. It has at least been a clad quarter.

Sep 9, 2012
proctorville OH
Detector(s) used
Whites V3I - Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wild digger i have the ctx and you are right on 12-47 but I have been working a old ball field from the 30s and have pulled 30+ silver so far ,now most of the silver is 7,8,9 in ,when you reach this level the numbers are going to be off any 12-41 on up you want to dig, most of my dimes rang in at 7 in, I dug a nice 52 quarter at 9 in yesterday rang in 12-42 so if you know your in a place were silver is don't pass on lower numbers they will sound like a grunt but after time you will tell iron from a deep silver grunt, I just want to say I have used the ctx just about every day, and have tried allot of different things and this ball field was a good testing place. I tryed back to back test with my v3i and after 7in on dime i was done.

CXT3030 YOU KNOCK THE BALL OUT A THE PARK:headbang:

Last edited:

detroitdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 1000,Garrett ace 250, Technetics delta
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds to end the year,I'd love to get my hands on one of those new ctx's, I've heard only great things about that machine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread