Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On Sunday the weather was just too nice to not go on a hunt. I grabbed the CTX and decided to stay local. Little did I know that this would be the 3rd straight hunt where I would come home with over 100 coins. That included 18 Wheat Pennies and 2 deep silvers.
I also got a couple of firsts. While retrieving a coin, I noticed a nice piece of Turquoise. Probably part of a necklace at one time. I got my first $1 clad coin for 2017. Then there is the coin that I cleaned for an hour before realizing that it was a COPY of a Flying Eagle Cent.
There was a crushed crotal bell, and a Civil War era infantry button.
Well it is always nice to come home silver and the CTX didn't disappoint. I recovered a 1946 Roosevelt Dime as well as a 1935 Washington Quarter.
I'm definitely happy with how the CTX has been spot on with the targets lately.

IMG_6391.JPGIMG_6390.JPG

IMG_6389.JPGIMG_6392.JPG

IMG_6396.JPGIMG_6388.JPG

IMG_6387.JPGIMG_6383.JPG

Upvote 18
Nice dime and wheatie count, thanks for posting, grats to ya. HH ALL

Wow man that's a great day out! Love the infantry button, I'd say you have the ctx fine tuned, congrats

Hello against the wind. Very good hunt...looks like many-holes-dug with some nice keepers. Thanks for the post and Good Luck. C9

Looks like another busy day digging holes. Lol
A pile of clad and 18 wheats is Awesome but, those two silvers are Sweet!!
Congrats on a Great day!!

Congrats on a sweet day out swinging! :occasion14:
Great story & pics! Man you killed it out there.
I would love to come home with 100+ coins. I have a new goal.
Looks like you have that CTX dialed in real good!

Hey nice scoops ATW...

But... IMO ... What you have found is a dyed agate.

Well done regardless.

I am no stone exoert so the "agate" part may be "off".... but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. :P

SILVER & TURQUOISE

ATW, love that Civil War infantry button! My favorite find of the lot!! Interesting copy flying eagle cent, congrats on the silver quarter and the Scrappy Dime, throw it back till gets older LOL.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back