Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got permission to do some colonial yards today....The first stop was a colonial home. The yard had been raised to build a retaining wall. SO I can only imagine the coppers that are under 3 ft of fill....but there was a little side piece that hadn't been disturbed...I managed a batwing buckle and some pewter spoon pieces...no coins or buttons. The buckle I gave to the nice lady and her husband. They invited me into there home to show me some of the things they had found around the house when they bought it. Back when they first moved in she found an old leather shoe that had been dated to around the time the home had been built. It's interesting to see a shoe that would have been equipped with a shoe buckle....I was intrigued. Also, there was a creamery on the property and she found a tin can in the rafters that had 8 rolled up 1860's dollar bills. CACHE!!!! I have no pics yet, she has not sent them to my email yet. So after a couple hours I moved to a new location...A HUGE 1700's lawn adjacent to a church and cemetery. I spent a couple hours and found this awesome 1916 Barber Quarter and silver thimble.....not pictured is the dozen or so wheaties and wartime nickle. Strange, no IH's no Coppers (yet) and NO BUTTONS!! I secured permission to continue hunting the property...i'm very excited. Thanks for lookin!

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 871
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 855
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 855
Upvote 0

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent job on the silver. :icon_thumleft:
It amazes me how many buttons, thimbles, and harmonica reeds are dug from days gone by.
Congrats,
MM

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread