silvercounselor

Oct 2, 2014
Pittsburgh
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dime box 5: 1968 50% Silver Canadian

Nickel Box 19: 1943 S

Nickel Box 20: skunked

When I was picking up my boxes the girl brought them out on a cart. When I picked the boxes up to the counter so I could carry them to the car a nickel was sitting under the box. I thought well it looks kinda like a silver nickel why not so I tucked it in my pocket and walked out with my boxes. When I got home i checked and it was a 1944 P!

Not bad 2 silver nickels and a silver canadian

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was the teller slipping you a free silver or did fall out of the box? Nice grab!

OP
OP
S

silvercounselor

Oct 2, 2014
Pittsburgh
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was the teller slipping you a free silver or did fall out of the box? Nice grab!

Funny you ask that because I swear she was flirting with me! It was kinda creepy too because she was like let me see I think your pretty responsible too (checking the computer) you have a savings account too. Then went on to talk about how we're about the same age. I thanked her and walked with my boxes :laughing7:

Nickel Box 21: dateless buffalo & dateless buffalo

Nickel Box 22: 1944 P

OP
OP
S

silvercounselor

Oct 2, 2014
Pittsburgh
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to the bank yesterday and on a whim asked if I could get a box doubting they would and the guy was like sure! As the other teller was getting the box he asked what on Earth are you doing with the coins. I told him I collect and need just a few more to fill my folder and he was oh okay well bring back any you don't need. Thinking to myself I would never do that. I take the box and drive home about a mile away and look at the box (it has holes on the top) and it was all 2014 P. I debated for about 10 mins on what to do because I did not want to crack them all open like I did about a week or two ago. So I took them back and deposited it to my bank fully knowing it is bad etiquette.

Anyways today I got another box from my main supplier.

Box 23: 1945 P

Nearly missed it because I didn't see the P at first.

OP
OP
S

silvercounselor

Oct 2, 2014
Pittsburgh
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dime box 6: skunk

Quarter box 1: skunk

I got the quarter box to finish my circulated set today. I only collected 1965-1998. I never got into the statehood quarters. My brother has and I got a bunch of his needs. I have 2 boxes of nickels to do tomorrow or Friday. I think I am going to increase my weekly order to 4 boxes of nickels and nothing else. I've been toying with the idea of going back to getting halves but think maybe I will in a few months because I really only want to hunt them for my folders, 1966 and 7 NIFC left for halves.

Silverslug

Aug 14, 2014
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dime box 6: skunk

Quarter box 1: skunk

I got the quarter box to finish my circulated set today. I only collected 1965-1998. I never got into the statehood quarters. My brother has and I got a bunch of his needs. I have 2 boxes of nickels to do tomorrow or Friday. I think I am going to increase my weekly order to 4 boxes of nickels and nothing else. I've been toying with the idea of going back to getting halves but think maybe I will in a few months because I really only want to hunt them for my folders, 1966 and 7 NIFC left for halves.
I think the Jefferson nickels are the best series to collect. If you search four boxes a week for the rest of the year, you have a decent chance of filling EVERY space in your coin folder. I found they key date 1950-D a few months back, so I know they're all out there.

OP
OP
S

silvercounselor

Oct 2, 2014
Pittsburgh
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nickel Box 24: skunk

Nickel Box 25: dateless buffalo

The buffalo saved me from having an entire skunk week! Also found a 1941 king george canadian nickel, interesting.

OP
OP
S

silvercounselor

Oct 2, 2014
Pittsburgh
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Occasionally I'll get some loomis boxes and don't really get much. Just today I got a box of loomis and a box that is all customer wrapped so it'll be interesting to see what I find

OP
OP
S

silvercounselor

Oct 2, 2014
Pittsburgh
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$100 CRW: skunk

all of the nickels were from 1964-2011. Most rolls were of one year like 1989, 1990, 1964. So many 1964s, I felt bad putting them back into circulation after they have been removed sitting in that vault for years. I'm guessing it was from an older collector who had way to much time on his hands to sort the coins by year and then reroll them.

Nickel Box 26 (Loomis): skunk

This week has been the worst since I started

OP
OP
S

silvercounselor

Oct 2, 2014
Pittsburgh
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Halve Box 9: skunk

Halve Box 10: skunk

I did find a bunch of new NIFC for my brothers folders. Also found a 1987 set the 1987 D had a nice sharpie across it :BangHead: I understand marking coins but make a 71 or 74 or something.

I have two boxes of nickels to do and maybe another later this week. Next week I ordered a box of dollar coins I am hoping to find some 1981 SBA.

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
I did find a bunch of new NIFC for my brothers folders. Also found a 1987 set the 1987 D had a nice sharpie across it :BangHead: I understand marking coins but make a 71 or 74 or something.

I agree. Perhaps the marker didn't know it was NIFC. I won't mark the '87s or even ugly proof halves, but I will mark 2003+ NIFC. I get loads of them in my area, so someone looking for them shouldn't really have a hard time finding a clean one.

OP
OP
S

silvercounselor

Oct 2, 2014
Pittsburgh
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nickel Box 27: 1937 Buffalo & 1945 S

Nickel Box 28: 1943 P

Found a bunch of 1939 a 1950 and some other little nice finds. It is so nice finding silver again.

OP
OP
S

silvercounselor

Oct 2, 2014
Pittsburgh
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree. Perhaps the marker didn't know it was NIFC. I won't mark the '87s or even ugly proof halves, but I will mark 2003+ NIFC. I get loads of them in my area, so someone looking for them shouldn't really have a hard time finding a clean one.

Yeah finding the new NIFC isn't really a problem was just a bit miffed at the guy who did it to the 87. I'm sure whoever didn't notice it was that coin.

Heres the pics from tonight's boxes. The buffalo looks pretty good tbh.

3.26.15 nickels a .jpg 3.26.15 nickels.jpg

Silverslug

Aug 14, 2014
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The buffalo is in great shape. You rarely see a buffalo where the date is that easy to read.

OP
OP
S

silvercounselor

Oct 2, 2014
Pittsburgh
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nickel Box 33: 1923 Buffalo, 1935 Buffalo, 1942 P & 1943 P

Nickel Box 34: Dateless Buffalo & 1945 P

Not to bad I'd say

Hunter612

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2013
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Box #33 must have been pretty fun to look through. Nice finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread