scooter

Nov 3, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well,
Pipster the land pirate :icon_pirat: and I got a chance to get out again for a midweek hunt this past Thursday(Silverific day 2). http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,156749.msg1136537.html#msg1136537

Pipster and I met at a park we had hunt before to see if we would be able to find more silver. We found some clad, but not much else so we moved on to another park hoping for more luck. Again we came up empty handed with only some clad and were going to head to another place, when I got a feeling about an area right next to where we parked. Pipster ended calling the area "the what if area" because what if we would not have hunted it, the silver would still be in its hiding place. We started out good with some wheats and then Pip found a wheat and not far away the 48s rosie was waiting to be found. All in all it was a good day with $3.60 in clad for me :( and Pipster with 46d wheat and a 48s rosie along with $3.90 in clad :thumbsup:. Silver streak continues...

Silverific day 3(Saturday) started off a little slow at a middle school again with only some clad and a 1954d wheat. We left there to check out and old church that Pip had seen. While looking for an area to park Pip saw a freshly tilled yard around the corner. Needless to say we just had to knock on the door to ask permission to hunt. Luckily someone was home and granted us permission to hunt. It was a small house/yard and according to the homeowner was built in 1904. We were very excited about what we would find but only ended up with a 1918d, 1919s wheats and a cool old silver hair pin. It was marked with 97 and by the look of it was 1897 :o. Sorry but no pics :'( of the hair pin because I gave it to the homeowner for letting us hunt his property(sorry Pip ::)). With only about an hour left for Pip in the day we headed to a very large older park hoping for some more silver :icon_scratch:. Again it started clad, clad, clad. After Pip had to leave around 3:30 I was bound and determined to take home some silver. Long story short(a little late now :wink:), finally around 7:00 I checked a group of trees and at the base of a pine tree I got a mixed dime signal ???. About 3" down I saw the shimmer of something in the dirt. At first I thought it was gold :icon_sunny:, but as I cleaned it I saw that it was silver which was just fine with me, as I don't find many rings :icon_scratch:. Ring is pretty good size/weight and reads 925 then something T0-90? ??? and mexico.Total for the day was $5.78 in clad with 28 dimes :o
I also found 4 wheats including 1918d 1919s 1954d x2 and a 1998 $10 mexican diez pesos.. :icon_scratch:

Thanks for looking and hope we can keep the silver streak alive.... :wink:
Scooter

Attachments

• wash 014.jpg
    wash 014.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 392
  • wash 002.jpg
    wash 002.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 390
  • wash 008.jpg
    wash 008.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 392
  • wash 013.jpg
    wash 013.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 393
Upvote 0

Pipster

Mar 8, 2007
denver
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, vision v3i,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great job man just think one more week and we can stay out the whole day sat. glad to see you pick up some more silver " my fever must not be as high as yours" lol

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And now we know why you're called Scooter! :D Sounds like a whirlwind tour! Awesome finds! :thumbsup:

Congrats! Nana :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread